patssox09 wrote: erykmynn wrote: patssox09 wrote: erykmynn wrote:
100 Reasons Not to Talk About Global Warming, Ever
No one would be talking about it if the environmentalists weren't trying to shove these down our throats.
whoa now buddy. lets not put environmentalists and AGW all in the same boat. sure, most AGW proponents are environmentalists. but there are AGW proponents that only give a shit about AGW, and there are enviros who are sick of the AGW-BS fest taking center stage.
you'll find quite a few of the latter right here on summitpost. do you hate the environment? if so what are you doing on an outdoors website?
who taught the enviros that they have to shove shit down peoples throat to get things done? makes you wonder.
I actually am an environmentalist, a paleo-environmentalist. I'm all for conservation, more wilderness areas, protected areas, etc. Your typical environmentalist today will happily fill Yosemite Valley with concrete or chop down all the Redwoods if it that resulted in Cap and Trade and Hybrids for all.
No I won't be rebuking those points because:
a. many are old fallacies and have been discussed over and over,
b. others are simply irrelevant e.g. all that stuff about wind energy for example,
c. others are just conjecture.
The only points I might
give credence to are the ones relating to the CRU, but I have discussed my view there before so won't do it again here. Basically I am awaiting the results of the inquiry.
So your a paleo-environmentalist - snap. Surprised you think some of the points relating to paleo-climate there are in anyway relevant. Anyway, I'm interested, as a paleo-environmentalist, don't you see the problem with these particular statements? -
3) Warmer periods of the Earth’s history came around 800 years before rises in CO2 levels.
5) Throughout the Earth’s history, temperatures have often been warmer than now and CO2 levels have often been higher – more than ten times as high.
6) Significant changes in climate have continually occurred throughout geologic time.
7) The 0.7C increase in the average global temperature over the last hundred years is entirely consistent with well-established, long-term, natural climate trends.
11) Politicians and activiists claim rising sea levels are a direct cause of global warming but sea levels rates have been increasing steadily since the last ice age 10,000 ago
20) It is claimed the average global temperature increased at a dangerously fast rate in the 20th century but the recent rate of average global temperature rise has been between 1 and 2 degrees C per century - within natural rates
34) It is myth that receding glaciers are proof of global warming as glaciers have been receding and growing cyclically for many centuries
29) The biggest climate change ever experienced on earth took place around 700 million years ago
78 ) A proper analysis of ice core records from the past 650,000 years demonstrates that temperature increases have come before, and not resulted from, increases in CO2 by hundreds of years.
85) Ice-core data clearly show that temperatures change centuries before concentrations of atmospheric CO2 change. Thus, there appears to be little evidence for insisting that changes in concentrations of CO2 are the cause of past temperature and climate change.