Alps Peak suggestion for April 6-8

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Peak Freak

by Peak Freak » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:40 am

P.S. As long as it's snow, not rain, it's good training for Denali. :wink:

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:44 am

Conditions in The Pyrenees will be similar. Yep, it will be a good training for Denali. I'll be busy by that time of the year, sorry
Last edited by Diego Sahagún on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peak Freak

by Peak Freak » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:46 am

Hmmmmmm.....

(Diego, just caught your edit)

Anyone wanna dig a snow cave in a blizzard with me? It's actually lots of fun, and I'm getting pretty good at it!

Bart

by Bart » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:41 am

mmm sounds very appealing :wink: But unfortunately I haven't the time! Hope you find some good partners to go out on a trip with!

Bart

Peak Freak

by Peak Freak » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:04 pm

Thanks, Bart! Hope to meet you some other time.

Ski Mountaineer

by Ski Mountaineer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:14 pm

April can be like any other month. On average there is not more precipitation in April than in other months, it is more a yo-yo weather, bad-good-bad. We have no such things as a rainy season, except the regions close to the Mediterrean.
Expect snow in higher elevations, but not so much because it is snowing but because it has snowed during the winter.

Peak Freak

by Peak Freak » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:14 am

Thanks, Peter!
How crazy, you'll likely be in my back yard while I'm over in Europe. We'll for sure have to hook up and climb somthing once you are at SFU.

EB

no avatar
Claude Mauguier

Re: Alps Peak suggestion for April 6-8

by Claude Mauguier » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:22 am

Si les Alpes sont en mauvaises conditions, la solution la plus proche d'Avignon est celle-ci :
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... irail.html
Last edited by Claude Mauguier on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peak Freak

Re: Alps Peak suggestion for April 6-8

by Peak Freak » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:31 pm

Merci, Claude, pour le "great tip" on Dentelles de Montmirail! I'm still hoping to play in the snow, but will definitely be watching the weather & conditions. I think I'll be bringing all my gear along, and figuring it out when I'm over there. :wink:

Peak Freak

by Peak Freak » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:29 am

Update...

We are now staying in L'Isle sur-la-Sorgue. I'm thinking of renting my own car, and driving to Barre des Ecrins on Friday a.m. Must look into road conditions. If anyone has any beta, or wants to join me, let me know!!!

EB

schmid_th

by schmid_th » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:10 am

Peak Freak wrote:Update...

We are now staying in L'Isle sur-la-Sorgue. I'm thinking of renting my own car, and driving to Barre des Ecrins on Friday a.m. Must look into road conditions. If anyone has any beta, or wants to join me, let me know!!!

EB

As I wrote you I was there in 2005 but didn´t reach the summit so I would give a lot to join you - but I have to work! BULLSHIT!!!
Make some nice pics and add them on sp then that I can dream on of this wonderful area!!!

Peak Freak

by Peak Freak » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:11 pm

schmid_th wrote:As I wrote you I was there in 2005 but didn´t reach the summit so I would give a lot to join you - but I have to work! BULLSHIT!!!
Make some nice pics and add them on sp then that I can dream on of this wonderful area!!!

If you decide to quit your job, let me know!!!

Anyone have any beta on Rd conditions? I have a guidebook that gives directions to l'Argentieree-la-Besse, then Ailefroide. From there hiking to Ref. Cezanne, Ref. Glacier Blanc, and Ref Ecrins.

EB

schmid_th

by schmid_th » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:34 pm

Peak Freak wrote:
schmid_th wrote:As I wrote you I was there in 2005 but didn´t reach the summit so I would give a lot to join you - but I have to work! BULLSHIT!!!

If you decide to quit your job, let me know!!!

Anyone have any beta on Rd conditions? I have a guidebook that gives directions to l'Argentieree-la-Besse, then Ailefroide. From there hiking to Ref. Cezanne, Ref. Glacier Blanc, and Ref Ecrins.

EB

In summer you can drive on a bad and steep road from Ailefroide to Ref. Cezanne. There is a big parking place. But I don´t know the road conditions at the moment.

Well, I think that I have to earn more money before I quit my job... Or I would not have the money to come to the mountains and climb with you! :wink:

inemeth1

Triglav

by inemeth1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:28 pm

Does anyone know what are the conditions like on the Triglav in Slovenia? Thanks for the information in advance!

innuksuk

by innuksuk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:21 pm

How much time exactly do you have to play with. I was supposed to be on MB this week but missed my flights and then couldn't commit due to work and cash flow. Totally bummed about it and for the guy I was meeting there.
I'm keen to get a good leg burner in anyway and MB in Aril sounds just like what I need. Heading for GII in June, so this would be a nice change in the training routine from the rain soaked hills of Ireland. OK, today the sun is splitting the rocks (unbelievable), but usually it's raining....sideways!
I'm interested in heading down there, but are you stuck to 6-8 Apr. Shit, that's tomorrow!! If so then I'm out, but if you'll eb around at the ed of the month, then.....

PreviousNext

Return to Europe