Ansel Adams Wilderness - Beasore Rd

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
thegib

Ansel Adams Wilderness - Beasore Rd

by thegib » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Hi all,

Thinking ahead to summer I'm considering a loop off of Beasore Rd. I seem to recall a fire in the A.A. Wilderness this last season. Were the TH's off Beasore Rd like Norris, Fernandez, or Granite Ck damaged by fire? Thanks for any info.

colinr

Re: Ansel Adams Wilderness - Beasore Rd

by colinr » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:48 pm

I'm almost certain any major wildfires in that part of the Sierra (I recall two) were significantly west/north/northwest of the trailheads you mentioned. I tend to go to that area at least once every year, but drought and other previously untried options steered me elsewhere in 2014.

sierraman

Re: Ansel Adams Wilderness - Beasore Rd

by sierraman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:34 am

I drove the Beasore Road twice last year to the Isberg Trailhead: once in June and again in September. Saw no signs of fire whatsoever either time. However, in June the road was a potholed mess, I'm surprised there was no kidney damage to me or my passenger. Sometime between June and September the loggers completely regraded the road and on my second trip it was actually a pleasant drive (except for logging trucks barreling around the curves).

The following user would like to thank sierraman for this post
thegib

Return to California