Anyone know what the snow conditions are in the catskills?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Catskillhiker

Anyone know what the snow conditions are in the catskills?

by Catskillhiker » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:28 am

Slide, hunter or overlook? looking to warm up for one of my warm up hikes over table, peakamoose and lone mt.'s

welle

by welle » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 pm

I hiked up Belleayre to snowboard down a week ago and the snow line started half-way up the mountain, and even then no snowshoes needed. Hunter just sent out emails this morning that they lost a lot of snow due to rain last night and are closed for the season, I imagine there is not much snow left in Catskills - sadly :(

CRiedel2

April in Catskills

by CRiedel2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 am

I live up in the Adirondack Mt's and there's no snow here, although there were some flurries today. I'd plan for a Fall/Late Spring outing in the Catskills, as I grew up just south of there. Should be pretty nice temps this time of year and this winter has been very mild by our standards. Have fun :)

welle

Re: April in Catskills

by welle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:28 pm

CRiedel2 wrote:I live up in the Adirondack Mt's and there's no snow here, although there were some flurries today. I'd plan for a Fall/Late Spring outing in the Catskills, as I grew up just south of there. Should be pretty nice temps this time of year and this winter has been very mild by our standards. Have fun :)

Adirondacks had no snow entire winter - Catskills got way more snow than Adirondacks this winter. Even then, most snow is clear from the trails, it's very muddy though...

Catskillhiker

by Catskillhiker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:39 am

may 9th i lead the Adirondack mountain club hike up table and peakamoose, sounds like i dont need snowshoes,

hows the crossing from denning over the neversink? still no bridge?

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)