Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

April 16th Photo of the Day

Report bad submissions here in order to get them detached by the community. Also, post challenges to existing pages.
 

April 16th Photo of the Day

Postby The Levitator » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 am

The photo of the Half Dome is in my sample pictures on my HP computer that runs Windows Vista.
How odd? :shock:
User Avatar
The Levitator

 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:19 am
Location: Whitefish, Montana, United States
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Re: April 16th Photo of the Day

Postby lcarreau » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:52 am

cougar14 wrote:The photo of the Half Dome is in my sample pictures on my HP computer that runs Windows Vista.
How odd? :shock:



Oh, for crying out loud. I just voted for the DERN THING!

I think I'll "lower" my vote to a "9/10," I reckon!



:oops:
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4048
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 852 times in 645 posts

Postby lcarreau » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:00 am

Now, I'm beginning to wonder if his "blurry spotted owl" photo is also a crummy submission.

Hmmm ...
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4048
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 852 times in 645 posts

Postby Arthur Digbee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:02 am

Do not be seduced by eye candy on SP.
User Avatar
Arthur Digbee

 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: Indianapolisish, United States
Thanked: 255 times in 173 posts

Postby rebelgrizz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:26 am

Nice catch Cougs! Do you have some sort of photographic memory?

This picture should be removed from Photo of the Day status and whatever came in second place should be elevated to first.
User Avatar
rebelgrizz

 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:13 pm
Location: Whitefish, Montana, United States
Thanked: 11 times in 7 posts

Postby The Levitator » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:59 am

rebelgrizz wrote:Nice catch Cougs! Do you have some sort of photographic memory?

This picture should be removed from Photo of the Day status and whatever came in second place should be elevated to first.


Yes I do have photographic memory. 8)
User Avatar
The Levitator

 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:19 am
Location: Whitefish, Montana, United States
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Postby Bob Sihler » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:09 am

What's the big deal? Recently, the POTW was a picture by a non-member, yet plenty of people got good and wet over it. At least the poster acknowledged it, though it still says little for the idea of SP members supporting and encouraging other SP members.

So why not vote this one up for POTW? It certainly fits the photo club's mentality.
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1823 times in 1031 posts

Postby rebelgrizz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:What's the big deal? Recently, the POTW was a picture by a non-member, yet plenty of people got good and wet over it. At least the poster acknowledged it, though it still says little for the idea of SP members supporting and encouraging other SP members.

So why not vote this one up for POTW? It certainly fits the photo club's mentality.


As a teacher, one would think you would be able to see the parallels between this and plagiarism in the classroom. If someone submits work that is not their own they should say so.

This latest guy is probably mocking all of us! He didn't say it was someone else's pic.
User Avatar
rebelgrizz

 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:13 pm
Location: Whitefish, Montana, United States
Thanked: 11 times in 7 posts

Postby Bob Sihler » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:24 pm

rebelgrizz wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:What's the big deal? Recently, the POTW was a picture by a non-member, yet plenty of people got good and wet over it. At least the poster acknowledged it, though it still says little for the idea of SP members supporting and encouraging other SP members.

So why not vote this one up for POTW? It certainly fits the photo club's mentality.


As a teacher, one would think you would be able to see the parallels between this and plagiarism in the classroom. If someone submits work that is not their own they should say so.

This latest guy is probably mocking all of us! He didn't say it was someone else's pic.


I was being sarcastic, making a statement about the photo-voting culture on this site.
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1823 times in 1031 posts

Postby rebelgrizz » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:59 am

Bob Sihler wrote:
rebelgrizz wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:What's the big deal? Recently, the POTW was a picture by a non-member, yet plenty of people got good and wet over it. At least the poster acknowledged it, though it still says little for the idea of SP members supporting and encouraging other SP members.

So why not vote this one up for POTW? It certainly fits the photo club's mentality.


As a teacher, one would think you would be able to see the parallels between this and plagiarism in the classroom. If someone submits work that is not their own they should say so.

This latest guy is probably mocking all of us! He didn't say it was someone else's pic.


I was being sarcastic, making a statement about the photo-voting culture on this site.



My bad Bob!
User Avatar
rebelgrizz

 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:13 pm
Location: Whitefish, Montana, United States
Thanked: 11 times in 7 posts


Return to Bad Submissions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.