Argentina- New Entry "Reciprocity" Fee for US, Can

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
michalp

Argentina- New Entry "Reciprocity" Fee for US, Can

by michalp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:15 pm

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/

USA: USD $131 (for life of passport)
Canadian: USD $70 (*single entry)
Australian: USD $100 (for life of passport)

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks michalp, good to know.

William Marler

by William Marler » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:44 pm

Humm got in and out just in time I guess.

paisajeroamericano

by paisajeroamericano » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:23 am

hmmm, i flew into buenos aires the day after christmas, but now i´m in uruguay for a beach holiday before heading to the cordillera - i´m curious as to whether or not i´ll get charged on the ferry on the way back - historically, chile has been pretty lax about charging for overland crossings from argentina, at least in the south - hopefully argentina will take a similar strategy - i´ll report back soon - also, i´d be curious to hear about anybody entering argentina overland from chile, bolivia, brazil, etc...

p.s. - anybody know about the situation entering bolivia overland from argentina or chile? that one´s especially frustrating since you can probably spend a month in bolivia for the price of the entry fee if you really want to

William Marler

by William Marler » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:20 am

Its been my understanding that traveller are charged the fees when they enter via international airports. Border crossings via car or bus are not subject to this. I may be wrong now as things change and evolve. But that is the way things used to be.

paisajeroamericano

by paisajeroamericano » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 pm

you are correct Mr. Marler, at least for Argentina, at this time... i took the BuqueBus to Buenos Aires from Uruguay and entered without being charged the US reciprocity fee... incidentally, i a friend recently flew from the US via Santiago de Chile to Cordoba and also was not charged...

Corax

by Corax » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:51 pm

I overheard a conversation in the hostel last night. An American couple had been "slammed" with the new entry fees, but I didn´t hear how much they had been charged. They did arrive in Argentina by Buenos Aries.

Return to South America