Beautiful Sierra Spring Conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Daria

Re: Beautiful Sierra Spring Conditions

by Daria » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:49 pm

It's funny how people would act differently if they were to meet in real life.

Burchey: reference your comment at the top of page 20 as an answer to your clueless state of mind. Do you have any other modes of operation other than making fun of people?
I'm the top troll.

Burchey

by Burchey » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:55 pm

Daria wrote:It's funny how people would act differently if they were to meet in real life.

Burchey: reference your comment at the top of page 20 as an answer to your clueless state of mind. Do you have any other modes of operation other than making fun of people?

Ahhhh

I see the confusion. Makes a little more sense. You said "4th class ramp" in your post.

Then I said "you're face is a fourth class ramp".

You're is my little joke - I try to use the wrong form of this word whenever possible, because I like to see people call me out on it because they can't help themselves.

Face, is another one of my stupid jokes. Everything with me is "you're face is ________".

My friends would recognize this immediately, but being that we are definitely not friends, I understand you're confusion.

On top of that, history shows a certain pattern of thinking that everything is about a certain someone, so combine that with the fact that I used a few words you referenced in a previous post, I could TOTALLY see why you thought I was "making fun of you".

Not the case, and a tragic confusion. I hope this all makes sense. I had hoped, because I didn't quote you, there would be no confusion.

Daria

by Daria » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:58 pm

What do people have to do, Burchey? Apologize for not being as cool as you?

What does it take?
I'm the top troll.

Burchey

by Burchey » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Daria wrote:What do people have to do, Burchey? Apologize for not being as cool as you?

What does it take?

Not sure I follow. Burch and cool ain't never in the same sentence.

However, if we could only all drive 7 series, then the playing field would be level indeed.

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Having met Burchey, Chad, and Daria in real life I could say you all would get along if you actually met. Everyone has their own sense of humor and personality imperfections. You all can be united by the fact that you met me and know how awesome I am! LOL

Burchey

by Burchey » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Vitaliy M. wrote:Having met Burchey, Chad, and Daria in real life I could say you all would get along if you actually met. Everyone has their own sense of humor and personality imperfections. You all can be united by the fact that you met me and know how awesome I am! LOL

I had to pull over the beamer in front of one of my parents beach properties when I read this...lulziest thing I've read all day.

Deb

by Deb » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:47 am

Soooo - I climbed Muriel Peak today. I will tell you that there were nearly as many backpackers at Piute Pass as there were mosquitos at North Lake parking lot this afternoon. YUK on both!

96avs01

by 96avs01 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:00 am

^^^thanks for the beta Deb! Nice to see some of it in this thread...

Burchey

by Burchey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:08 am

96avs01 wrote:^^^thanks for the beta Deb! Nice to see some of it in this thread...

Right, because up until that post by Deb, there wasn't any.

The following user would like to thank Burchey for this post
Daria

96avs01

by 96avs01 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:17 am

^^^not as much as there should be in a thread of such title that's on page 21.

Burchey

by Burchey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:30 am

96avs01 wrote:^^^not as much as there should be in a thread of such title that's on page 21.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Thank goodness you contributed those photos and descriptions of conditions on page waityoudidn'tpostanything.

My suggestion would be to stick to whatever it is you do best, and not engage me in what it is that I do best.

And post some conditions.

96avs01

by 96avs01 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Burchey wrote:Thank goodness you contributed those photos and descriptions of conditions on page waityoudidn'tpostanything.

Guilty as charged. Life is in a state of upheaval right now, so unfortunately atypical amount of time in the backcountry. That said, I also haven't cluttered up a conditions forum thread with a bunch of useless BS.

Burchey wrote:My suggestion would be to stick to whatever it is you do best, and not engage me in what it is that I do best.

Exactly what is that, fill the forums with mostly spray?

Since I am now contributing to the exact behavior that I find frustrating I will leave it at that. Cheers

Burchey

by Burchey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:25 pm

96avs01 wrote:
Burchey wrote:Thank goodness you contributed those photos and descriptions of conditions on page waityoudidn'tpostanything.

Guilty as charged. Life is in a state of upheaval right now, so unfortunately atypical amount of time in the backcountry. That said, I also haven't cluttered up a conditions forum thread with a bunch of useless BS.

No, but you definitely have pressed fingers against keyboard without knowing what you're talking about. Must be all that upheaval - keeps a person from making points with substantive backing.

palisades-conditions-t65093.html

shasta-northside-rockin-5-19-2013-t65109.html

beautiful-sierra-spring-conditions-t64836-255.html

Besides pointing out the obvious shortcomings in the logic/posts/etc of others online (and it's so easy), I also like to share current conditions so others can benefit.

96avs01 wrote:
Burchey wrote:My suggestion would be to stick to whatever it is you do best, and not engage me in what it is that I do best.

Exactly what is that, fill the forums with mostly spray?

Nope. See above ^^^^

96avs01 wrote:Since I am now contributing to the exact behavior that I find frustrating I will leave it at that. Cheers

Don't leave, just make useful snide comments instead of baseless ones. Also, climb and post it up when you get out from under whatever it is that's bogging you down.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:40 am

Three days in the Evolution area. Snowline is at 11,500 feet on north slopes and in cirques pretty much everywhere. Camp at Sunset Lake one night, had a bit of slush on it the day I arrived but was pretty impressive how much it changed in 24 hours. Probably be all gone within a couple days. Same with Echo Lake. Did the NE couloir on Mount Powell, was able to follow a finger of snow at least 80% of the way up until it gave way to rock. Treasure Col was in good conditions. Snow was ideal really. Hard packed in the morning and covering most of the talus and not much else. Perfect for glissading in the afternoon. I'll see if I can post pics in the next day or two.

The following user would like to thank mrchad9 for this post
Fredd C Dobbs

Princess Buttercup

by Princess Buttercup » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 am

Wales (L) and Wallace (R) Lakes Basin this past weekend:

Looking south from the kitty litter slopes of Mt. Barnard:

Wish I could have finished the final 800vert (because the other 3K+ of sand just wasn't enough yet!) but the leg really started squawking and swelling. Stitches come out tomorrow!!

Sunset was worth it:

Russell is GTG:

The following user would like to thank Princess Buttercup for this post
96avs01, anita, Burchey, John Duffield

PreviousNext

Return to California