BHSU in Spearfish, South Dakota will be holding its first Outdoor Week with several events that may be of interest to climbers including a couple of shows by Andrew Burr. Here is the schedule that starts on Monday April 16.
• Monday 4/16/12
* 12pm Entries for the Outdoor Week photo, video, art, and writing contest are due to [email protected].
* 9 am – 10 am: Dorothy FireCloud, Superintendent of Devil’s Tower National Monument will speak regarding current cultural and recreational issues in Jonas 102.
* 4pm - 6pm Service day at the Spearfish Canyon Disk Golf Course. Meet in front of the Atrium fireplace in the Student Union to car pool to site. Door prizes to be awarded.
• Tuesday 4/17/12
* 11am-1pm Book signings at the BHSU Bookstore. Come meet local authors Lindsay Stephens and Roberta Sago. Lindsey a current BHSU student has written a book on the adventure climbs of Herb and Jan Conn. Bobbi co-authored a book on lookout towers in the Black Hills.
* 4pm-6:30pm COLP Slackline contest on the campus green.
* 9pm -10:30pm RHA Latenight BBQ on the campus green.
• Wednesday 4/18/12
* 4pm-5:30 CRUX and COLP Cleanup at Community Cave and Skelatal Remains climbing area. Meet in front of the Atrium fireplace in the Student Union to car pool to site. Door prizes to be awarded. Climb on your own with the local climbing community afterward.
• Thursday 4/19/12
* 9am-12pm Shutterbuzz and Crux Climbing Photography Clinic with Andrew Burr. Meet by Jonas 009. Contact Steve Babbitt at 642-6769 for more information.
* 11am-1pm Book signing at the BHSU Bookstore. Meet local author and BHSU graduate Mikel Cronin. He has written the new guidebook for Spearfish Canyon and other Black Hills limestone.
* 3:30pm-4:45pm From Peaks to Valleys Taking Your Passion to Business. A panel discussion with those active in the outdoor business industry in Jonas 305.
* 5pm-6pm Andrew Burr slide show in Jonas 305
* Awards Presentation for the Outdoor Week Photo, Writing, Art, and Video contests in Jonas 305.
• Saturday 4/21/12
* 7pm-10pm Fundraiser for the Black Hills Climbers Coalition. Andrew Burr Multi Media Presentation and silent auction. $10 for BHCC members $15 for non BHCC members. Held at Crow Peak Brewery come support your local climber access organization.
• Sunday 4/22/12
* 11am-2pm Access Fund Adopt a Crag at the rock maze by Nemo. Come help clean up a beautiful area of sandstone boulders and narrow corridors that has seen more than its fair share of abuse. Meet at location, 2 miles east of Nemo (Steamboat Rock picnic area). Climb with the local climbing community afterward.