Bishop to Death Valley -- best route

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
deungsan

Re: Bishop to Death Valley -- best route

by deungsan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:09 am

3Deserts wrote:
deungsan wrote:Thanks, all!

Will probably opt for the Lone Pine route this time.

Next time, though, Eureka Valley is going to be mighty tempting, especially if there aren't any "Are we there yet?" kids in the car.

When are you doing the drive?

I have my kidlet with me this coming long weekend, and the tentative plan was to visit DV, possibly camp one night. I'm driving a 4WD Jeep Grand Cherokee. I don't know where you're headed in the park (or south/southeast.?), but if it can be coordinated, would you be interested in caravaning? I've got recovery gear as well (i.e., tow straps, shackles, shovel, etc.).

I've got to admit, Greg, your tip about Eureka dunes for the kids is REALLY tempting.

If we bail on the DV plan then we'll probably just go to Joshua Tree, or maybe Afton Canyon.

3Deserts, just saw your message. I missed the opportunity, but thanks for the offer!

Opted for the "safe" option...via Lone Pine.

Which is just as well because the dog was acting up, getting sensitive to undulations in the pavement.

Last thing you need is a 100-pound dog clawing at the van doors, trying to get out at 60 mph.

Previous

Return to California