Black Diamond Fritschi Diamir Eagle

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Blair

Black Diamond Fritschi Diamir Eagle

by Blair » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:10 am

Anyone out there use them care to comment and compare to the freerides?
Thanks

Captain Beefheart

by Captain Beefheart » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Blair, you'll be able to shred the gnar without even having to try. Droppin in heavy and blowin shit up like a powder gangster. Ya know, stompin the biggest landings in the deepest pow like it isn't shit! Everyone will be looking at you saying "who is that guy totally killing it?"

Sorry, still drunk...

Ed F

by Ed F » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi Blair,
I'm also looking at mounting them on a new pair of BD Kilowatts. I haven't physically tried them, but I've seen them, and they appear to be pretty similar to the Freeride except the DIN goes to 12 instead of 14, and the Eagle is slightly lighter. The thing that interested me is the touring mechanism seems much better than the Freeride. The touring mechanism on the Freeride is biggest complaint. I used to like the way Naxos toured when they used to make them, and the Eagle seems more similar to that.

Blair

by Blair » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:16 pm

sisyphus, you used to use the naxos? I hear those are wimpy in comparison to the freerides, and break apart kinda easily. yours have held up well then I guess.

If the eagles are lighter and tour better than my freerides than I will have to seriously look at them. Dont get me wrong I am very happy w my freerides but wouldnt mind upgrading eventually.

Aye Cap'tn, yesterday we were blowin shit up like a powder gangster. LOL
If anyone wants to see a great little vid I came across, go to http://www.offpistemag.com/
and scroll down to the vid called The Truth About powder Skis.

Pure Gold

Ed F

by Ed F » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:43 am

Yeah, I have naxos on a pair of K2 Shuksans. I use them for high mountain corn skiing, so I'm not really doing anything crazy on them force-wise. Yeah, they are definitely more delicate than the Freerides, but you just need to take that into account when you ski and it's fine.

Return to Gear