California Ice Conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
SoCalHiker

Re: California Ice Conditions

by SoCalHiker » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:36 am

Vitaliy M wrote:I think as long as this thread stays civil and goal oriented we can keep it without heavy moderation, no?

couldn't agree more

now back to the ice

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:14 am

ChrisCal wrote:I'm way more local than you realize.

If that was true, then you would in fact know that this was a coop idea/venture and that several "local" entities are involved in this trial operation. That SCE & LADWP were both contacted and both gave it a 100% approval and consider it a great idea.

Again, thank you all for your support in maintaining and doing all we can do to keep an open ACCESS to this very limited privately owned area.

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:50 am

in the past five years or so that i have been in Lee Vining Canyon, I don't remember seeing wands, trail markers and whatnot. things have been fine. place is still accessible by all. if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:23 pm

kevin trieu wrote:in the past five years or so that i have been in Lee Vining Canyon, I don't remember seeing wands, trail markers and whatnot. things have been fine. place is still accessible by all. if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Bigger issues with the LM's, that you nor many of the other folks here (that are selfishly whining about this) that only visit and take for granted, once or twice a season, and know nothing about, are in fact at a stalemate. This is a positive gesture as well as a follow through on the LMs recommendations, in doing so, building a better ACCESS rapport (again, has primarily nothing to do with yours or the other climbers, accessibility) with the LM's, SCE & LADWP. Plans are in the brew for increasing the source supply in order to enlarge/expand the area coverage, two fold.

There is a much bigger picture involved here other than YOUR once or twice a season visits, Trieu. I do not expect you nor many of the other younger "entitled" generation to even come close in understanding this concept.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:11 am

Kevin Trieu came on here an two hours or so ago and accused me of belaying drunk and almost dropping my partner while climbing in the "Gorge" amongst other defaming situs.

I demand that Kevin Trieu post up names of any individuals that personally witnessed them and the dates when these supposed incidents occurred.

Here is a complete list of all my partners for the past ten years, that I have and currently climb with in the "Gorge" and locally here on the Eastside. Each one will come on here if need be and verify that neither of the above incidents could have ever happened as I do not drink (sobriety date of 10 May 2000) and I that take my climbing safety with a tenacity beyond most.

Bruce Bartlett, Mammoth Lakes CA
Ned Bair, Mammoth Lakes, CA
Derek Bromholt, Olancha, CA
Jamie Bustamante, Mammoth Lakes, CA
Deb Castro, Temecula, CA
Dave Daly, Temecula, CA
Guy Keesee, Moorpark, CA
Em Holland, Paradise, CA
Mark Maciaszek, Mammoth Lakes, CA
Kris Solem, Monrovia, CA
Kurt Wedberg, Bishop, CA

To come on here and accuse anyone of the bullshit you did, Kevin Trieu, you best be able to back them up.

Do so... Now!

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:30 am

The Chief wrote:Kevin Trieu came on here an two hours or so ago and accused me of belaying drunk and almost dropping my partner while climbing in the "Gorge" amongst other defaming situs.

I demand that Kevin Trieu post up names of any individuals that personally witnessed them and the dates when these supposed incidents occurred.

Here is a complete list of all my partners for the past ten years, that I have and currently climb with in the "Gorge" and locally here on the Eastside. Each one will come on here if need be and verify that neither of the above incidents could have ever happened as I do not drink (sobriety date of 10 May 2000) and I that take my climbing safety with a tenacity beyond most.

Bruce Bartlett, Mammoth Lakes CA
Ned Bair, Mammoth Lakes, CA
Derek Bromholt, Olancha, CA
Jamie Bustamante, Mammoth Lakes, CA
Deb Castro, Temecula, CA
Dave Daly, Temecula, CA
Guy Keesee, Moorpark, CA
Em Holland, Paradise, CA
Mark Maciaszek, Mammoth Lakes, CA
Kris Solem, Monrovia, CA
Kurt Wedberg, Bishop, CA

To come on here and accuse anyone of the bullshit you did, Kevin Trieu, you best be able to back them up.

Do so... Now!

you got my post deleted real quick. since the post was deleted, things will be taken out of context. if you are going to a fucking loudmouth on here and otherwise, people are going to call you out on it. they are just accusations, right? what are the other accusations? this is the internet, stop taking it so seriously, right?

since more posts will be deleted and there will be more loopholes in the thread, there's no point in posting anything lengthy.

SoCalHiker

by SoCalHiker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:32 am

Rob wrote:
SoCalHiker wrote:
Vitaliy M wrote:I think as long as this thread stays civil and goal oriented we can keep it without heavy moderation, no?

couldn't agree more

now back to the ice

Hikers moderating climbers discussions...something wrong with this site. :roll:

Personal attacks and accusations have nothing to do with climbing... even hikers understand the difference

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:32 am

For anyone to come on here in the General Forum and falsely accuse anyone of the incidents that Kevin Trieu did, is Wrong!

Regardless of how Kevin Trieu feels about me, what he posted was unjustified, unsubstantiated and totally inappropriate. And in complete violation of SP posting rules and regulations.

I demand that Kevin Trieu back up these horseshit defaming accusations now or apologize for his outlandish and completely invalid claims. Post up Names and Dates Kevin Trieu... now!

I DID NOT HAVE ANYONE DELETE ANY POST!

Thank you.
Last edited by The Chief on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoCalHiker

by SoCalHiker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:34 am

I asked everybody nicely a few times. If you simply can't stick to the topic this thread will be in OR very soon.

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 am

I would hate to see this thread deleted. We all love ice and but some enjoy it differently. Please do not delete this thread. Since the moderators have deleted most of my posts, feel free to delete the rest. Judging by the number of posts vs the amount of time I spent here on SP, it tells you how much I give a shit about posting on here. No one comes out playing in the pigsty clean.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:18 am

kevin trieu wrote:No one comes out playing in the pigsty clean.

6. Appropriate Conduct
You understand that by using SP, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and Content while using SP and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use SP only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms of Service and any applicable policies or guidelines. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using SP, you will not:

* Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others
* Post any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful Content

The only "pigsty" here is that which was in your deleted post accusing me of things that are completely defamatory, unsubstantiated and totally untrue.

I recommend that you go take a good long look into the nearest mirror prior to publicly calling me on my integrity and character.

rhyang

by rhyang » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Just saw a friend's pic of Moonage Daydream from this past Thursday. Drool, drool -- looked pretty nice.

But that was before the warming trend ..
Taaaake !

The following user would like to thank rhyang for this post
PellucidWombat

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:44 am

Shane Rathbun wrote: Do you remember shredder?

You bet... great guy! Took him and his son up some mods in TM a couple of years back. He knows I am always willing an able to tie into a rope with him. Lot's of fun to be around as well!!!

Next time ya see him, tell him to email me. He owes me another day or two in the Meadows.

SHREDDER's STORE
Last edited by The Chief on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:51 am

Like I said, tell him he owes me a day or two in the Meadows.

I promised him that I would get him up the Reg Route safely as he has always wanted to get on and then finish it.

The Reg Route is waiting for him.....

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:03 am

Vitaliy M wrote:So, any way to TR photoshop? Or anything else worthy in LVC?

Your kidding right....do you even know how many pitches PS is, in full conditions, as it is in now????

DO you have a 400 Meter rope???

PreviousNext

Return to California