Can't post photos

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Sarah Simon

Can't post photos

by Sarah Simon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:21 pm

The "can't post photos" issue is raising its head again. Don't know if it's just me / isolated or if the problem is more widely spread on the site. I managed to get a small handful of photos posted last night, but they were the exception, not the rule. For the most part, if I try to post a photo, after hitting "submit," the site "gets hung up" on the process...then reverts to a mostly blank screen and the photo never gets created. I have tried clearing my cache, etc. Any other solutions?
Go climb a mountain

Sarah Simon

Re: Can't post photos

by Sarah Simon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 pm

sarah.simon wrote:The "can't post photos" issue is raising its head again. Don't know if it's just me / isolated or if the problem is more widely spread on the site. I managed to get a small handful of photos posted last night, but they were the exception, not the rule. For the most part, if I try to post a photo, after hitting "submit," the site "gets hung up" on the process...then reverts to a mostly blank screen and the photo never gets created. I have tried clearing my cache, etc. Any other solutions?

One more thing: I have tried posting photos from two different laptops with the same result. :(
Go climb a mountain

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Fletch wrote:yep. me too. but i was only trying to post one photo and it was LARGE...

don't know. sorry.

Actually, Fletch, you hit the nail on the head. I pulled the photos directly from a camera I was unfamiliar with. The default file size was HUGE.

WORKAROUND: I used the Picasa "export" command in the bottom photo tray, it shrunk the image file size considerably...and now I can post photos.

THANKS!
Go climb a mountain

Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator

by Gangolf Haub » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Yes, there's a limit on file size. I think it is 6 MB.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:50 am

ha!

But I'm unfortunately in the US now- since Sunday night.

Return to Site Feedback