Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Chaberton, COME BACK!

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Re: Chaberton, COME BACK!

Postby lcarreau » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:36 am

ripper333 wrote:... mad props to whoever came up with this...

lcarreau

The following user would like to thank lcarreau for this post
Damien Gildea

Postby jesu, joy of man's desiring » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 am

USA! USA! USA!

-
jesu, joy of man's desiring

The following user would like to thank jesu, joy of man's desiring for this post
Josh Lewis

Postby Josh Lewis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:35 am

I thanked Steve above for the funny picture. :lol: :D

Anyways, Bob Sihler said my feeling well about the link. Always use some critical thinking before firing away at someone. :wink:
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
Josh Lewis

Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States

Postby PAROFES » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:09 pm

PAROFES

The following user would like to thank PAROFES for this post
AlbertoRampini, EricChu

Postby macintosh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:37 pm

butitsadryheat wrote: Right Mahai?

macintosh

Postby Buz Groshong » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:08 pm

mrchad9 wrote:All this talk about weak and great members. Like this member whose participation here I have always enjoyed and respected. Should be great if others could follow their example!

Well it's about damn time someone recognized my greatness!

What? Oh! It's a joke. :oops:
Buz Groshong

The following user would like to thank Buz Groshong for this post
EricChu

Postby butitsadryheat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:21 pm

macintosh wrote:

What is that old saying "Practice what you preach"? Yeah, that's it!
butitsadryheat

Postby Daria » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:30 pm

butitsadryheat wrote:
macintosh wrote:

What is that old saying "Practice what you preach"? Yeah, that's it!

we all know YOU don't! :lol:
I'm the top troll.
Daria

Postby lcarreau » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:00 am

This photo in memory of Roberto, and all his fabulous wildlife masterpieces, for crying out LOUD ...

lcarreau

The following user would like to thank lcarreau for this post
EricChu

Postby visentin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 am

Chaberton, Roberto36, Roberto63, I'm lost.
There is only one Roberto left, and I'm afraid his English is too perfect to be the real one.
Elves, please get back the one and only Roberto on SP !
visentin

The following user would like to thank visentin for this post
AlbertoRampini, EricChu

Postby EricChu » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 am

butitsadryheat wrote:
EricChu wrote:
butitsadryheat wrote:
macintosh wrote:
butitsadryheat wrote: I don't know what to say

Si tu ne sais pas quoi dire, ferme-là !

Si tu ne sais pas quoi dire, ferme-là ! = If you do not know what to say, shut it!

Really?!?!?! Are you serious?!?! Well, since you put it that way, I think I know now what I need to say.

I really thought these guys were great, and voted on many of their pics and enjoyed their contributions and discussions on this site. But if they, and seemingly you too, can't take a little joke, meant to have a little fun on this site, then tough shit!
Perhaps you should all have a beer to build your confidence, grab your balls out of your wives' purse, rub a little dirt on your personal wounds, and toughen up that skin a bit!
If you can't handle American humor, SORRY! No need to take your ball and go home, is it?

Good lord what a bunch of primadonnas!!! Reminds me of this crybaby member sometimes!!! What is it with all of you people who think you have some sort of "right" to not be offended?
Uhmmm...Butitsadryheat, I just opened the "crybaby" link, and it lead me straight to my profile page! Surely a software mistake somewhere? :lol:

I hope YOU realized that was the same joke that offended so many. Please don't leave because of it :lol:
Don't worry - as I already know that joke since quite a while already, it isn't going to make me quit SummitPost. Only, one thing I don't understand: as this internet prank on SP has already been several times the cause for people to take offense (and maybe it's just that sort of thing that managed to put as valuable a member as Roberto alias chaberton off having anything more to do with SP, who knows?), and, like with all jokes, after the up-teenth time you've told it, it's pretty un-funny, why keep going on with it?. Most probably the majority of people on SP, even the ones who aren't offended, aren't reacting with "Ha-ha-ha :lol: " any more, but only with "Hardy har har :roll: ". So why is it still appearing, as we've all seen it already and it's starting to become a little bit like "Two cows meet on a pasture. Says one: "Muuuh!" Says the other: "That's just what I was about to say myself!" (Haha! ROFL!), apart from the fact that it's made valuable members withdraw all their material and quit SummitPost? I don't get it...
EricChu

Postby Marmaduke » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Here's the official Welcome Back Chaberton song for his returning......if that happens.

Marmaduke

Postby butitsadryheat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:28 pm

EricChu wrote:
butitsadryheat wrote:
EricChu wrote:
butitsadryheat wrote:Si tu ne sais pas quoi dire, ferme-là ! = If you do not know what to say, shut it!

Really?!?!?! Are you serious?!?! Well, since you put it that way, I think I know now what I need to say.

I really thought these guys were great, and voted on many of their pics and enjoyed their contributions and discussions on this site. But if they, and seemingly you too, can't take a little joke, meant to have a little fun on this site, then tough shit!
Perhaps you should all have a beer to build your confidence, grab your balls out of your wives' purse, rub a little dirt on your personal wounds, and toughen up that skin a bit!
If you can't handle American humor, SORRY! No need to take your ball and go home, is it?

Good lord what a bunch of primadonnas!!! Reminds me of this crybaby member sometimes!!! What is it with all of you people who think you have some sort of "right" to not be offended?
Uhmmm...Butitsadryheat, I just opened the "crybaby" link, and it lead me straight to my profile page! Surely a software mistake somewhere? :lol:

I hope YOU realized that was the same joke that offended so many. Please don't leave because of it :lol:
Don't worry - as I already know that joke since quite a while already, it isn't going to make me quit SummitPost. Only, one thing I don't understand: as this internet prank on SP has already been several times the cause for people to take offense (and maybe it's just that sort of thing that managed to put as valuable a member as Roberto alias chaberton off having anything more to do with SP, who knows?), and, like with all jokes, after the up-teenth time you've told it, it's pretty un-funny, why keep going on with it?. Most probably the majority of people on SP, even the ones who aren't offended, aren't reacting with "Ha-ha-ha :lol: " any more, but only with "Hardy har har :roll: ". So why is it still appearing, as we've all seen it already and it's starting to become a little bit like "Two cows meet on a pasture. Says one: "Muuuh!" Says the other: "That's just what I was about to say myself!" (Haha! ROFL!), apart from the fact that it's made valuable members withdraw all their material and quit SummitPost? I don't get it...

It was actually the first time I ever did it (the one that started the recent exodus, not the crybaby one above-that was in response to the one just a couple of days earlier).
And actually, I did get quite a few that reacted with Ha-Ha-Ha :lol:. I guess it is somehow illustrating the absurd by being absurd.
That so many get so upset that they take their ball and go home and take their material off the site is illustrative. I would be willing to be that, 9 times out of ten, those same people wouldn't get upset if the link was associated with making them look good, like if the link said "this outstanding climber"or "this guy writes incredible route pages," or "this handsome member" (well, I know of one who stomped off and deleted his material when that one was posted once, since he was obviously NOT handsome and thought he was being mocked-truly a crybaby).

Simply put, if it stroked their ego, they would love it!

If it makes them the slightest bit embarrassed, off they stomp.

If you can't laugh at yourself, you have bigger things to worry about than being the 'victim' of a silly internet trick being played on you.
butitsadryheat

The following user would like to thank butitsadryheat for this post
Buz Groshong

Postby Buz Groshong » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:48 pm

I got lucky the first time that I saw it. I hadn't logged in, so the link didn't work. By the time I clicked on the link when I was logged in, I had already learned the joke. I doubt that I would have stomped off if I had been taken by it, but I probably would have said some things that I would later regret. (we need a "relieved" emoticon - whew!)
Buz Groshong

PreviousNext

Return to General