Chamonix Hotels, Accomodation

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
giggy

Chamonix Hotels, Accomodation

by giggy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Hello - going to attempt Mt Blanc in June. We are coming from the US and we are good to go with route beta, huts, etc.. but trying to find some low cost sleeping options before and after the climb.

We are interested in chamonix, and have heard its like Aspen, CO - where everything is expensive.

We are easy to please people - just need a bed, hot shower and a bar we can walk to.

Thanks for any hints!!

Koen

by Koen » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Gite La Tapia is not too bad either: http://www.latapia.com/. Stayed there in march last year.

Charles

by Charles » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:38 am

The Git Bellevue in Argentiere is also not bad, stayed there a few times. Cheap, relaxed and you can cook if you want to.

Eskil

by Eskil » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:33 am

I have two small apartments for rent in Chamonix during the summer. Nice little studios with 4 beds, new bathroom, located in Chamonix Sud (that is just next to the Aguille du Midi lift and several bars!)
If interested mail me: toptjej@gmail.com

/Eva

klwagar

by klwagar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 pm

The gite Belvedere in Argentiere is wonderful. I stayed there nearly 3 weeks. You can do dorm or private depending on how much money you want to spend. Dorm is only 4 to a room. It worked well for us. There is free shuttle (bus or train) into Chamonix all day so transportation isn't a problem. I also stayed at the the Les Randonneur and loved it but they didn't have many rooms and were booked solid. So if you decided to go for more private type rooms book early.

Return to Europe