Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Cheating and climbing

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
 

Postby Gattsu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:29 am

Who cares if it is cheating. Only person he is cheating is himself. I'd be more worried about his health.. EPO is not exactly Ibuprofen.
Gattsu

 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:40 pm
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Postby Gattsu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:33 am

Edit: Sorry double post...
Last edited by Gattsu on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gattsu

 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:40 pm
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Postby Jimmie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:28 am

Diamox is on the WADA prohibited list. I dunno what it's like in the US but over here tests are actually being done at all levels and in all sports competitions. You can't even participate in a 10k (running) or a sailing race after a mountain trip when you used Diamox. You might even get kicked out of the local gym (although getting banned from the local indoor climbing wall might be a liberation :wink: )

WADA rules aside, what happened to good style?
Jimmie

 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:19 pm
Thanked: 5 times in 3 posts

Postby visentin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:03 pm

I would suggest going climbing with another girl :)
User Avatar
visentin

 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: WrocBaw, France and, Poland
Thanked: 82 times in 57 posts

Postby JasonH » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:16 pm

When I hike/climb I like to use these. Is it cheating?

Image
User Avatar
JasonH

 
Posts: 6970
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:24 am
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Thanked: 427 times in 295 posts

Postby MoapaPk » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:24 pm

"90% organic, entirely natural." I love it! Maybe the other 10% is sand.
User Avatar
MoapaPk

 
Posts: 7641
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:42 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Thanked: 753 times in 488 posts

Postby TheOrglingLlama » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:53 am

Image

:mrgreen:
User Avatar
TheOrglingLlama

 
Posts: 735
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: Llama Lland
Thanked: 94 times in 56 posts

Postby Paddyrock » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:06 am

i see it like this..
if your patagoina and La Sportiva sponsorship was about to expire because you weren't strong enough to red point some 5.16 or some ED5 alpine route or speed solo, you would pump all sorts of shit into your self...
Its naive of us to think that all the top dudes in climbing aren't all on some form of performance enhancing drugs.... Piratically every other sport has had some scandal with top athletes using them.... I doubt there will ever be piss test before alpine climbs.....
When there is money or golden ice axes involved who bloody knows....
User Avatar
Paddyrock

 
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:34 am
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Postby xDoogiex » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Would epo and steroids be aid climbing? Chocolate energy gells ftw
User Avatar
xDoogiex

 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Westminster , Colorado, United States
Thanked: 36 times in 16 posts

Postby HandjamMasterC » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:11 pm

We used to smoke dope to lower the fear factor while nailing A4 routes on El Cap - was that cheating?
User Avatar
HandjamMasterC

 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:04 pm
Location: California, United States
Thanked: 3 times in 3 posts

Postby HandjamMasterC » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Helps you sleep hanging on a knifeblade too........... :shock:

Image
User Avatar
HandjamMasterC

 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:04 pm
Location: California, United States
Thanked: 3 times in 3 posts

Previous

Return to General

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.