Croatia - tips needed...

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
visentin

Croatia - tips needed...

by visentin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Croatian (& around) summitposters,

I have few questions, I just hope they aren't too naive... If you live in this country and perhaps you will be able to advise me.. We are planning a trip to the north of Croatia with my wife and son in July-August.
Our plans would be to sleep mainly in campsites (I bought a family tent), but for many reasons we would like to avoid the seaside; we enjoy the quietness and despite the sea is nice, we are interested in everything in Croatia (mountains, countryside, local culture etc). Easy hikes and so on... The area we would like to stay would be roughly located between Velebit, Plitvice and Krk (I've got many points of interest in a list in my mind, the idea is to find a convenient "base").
I'm requesting any addresses or campsite to stay in (however if you have, please do !) but I'm a bit anxious about how reasonable it is to go without having anything reserved, and about our chances to find spare places in campsites, even far from the sea, especially since our son is young. I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any feedback about such plans, if you would advise me to book something as soon as possible, or if going "in the dark" is OK, when not sticking to the seaside.
Even just names of villages or areas to pick would be appreciated, I'll do the Google job to find campsites in them if there are.
Thanks !
Eric

visentin

Re: Croatia - tips needed...

by visentin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:18 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:Did a croatia roadtrip in august 2009 never made a reservation on a campside and there was always place ... Spend most of the days on campsites at the sea and if you have a good map there are some quiet ones ... Just hope to be lucky :-D

Can't really advice but the three things you name are worth it! Also visit Split, Zagreb and Dubrovnik!!!

Thanks !
What road map did you have ?

Return to Europe