So, i tried today. I went to Jakuszyce
, the most popular place in my region for that.
Few conclusions :
was damn beautiful in winter... just for that I don't regret my trip, despite :
- I am tired like a dog
- Despite my technique slightly improved between the start and the end, I have the slight feeling I am not going as fast as I should. I am not an iron-man but I definitely have a fitter condition than kids and grandmas... which was not always verified, thus despite I went further and higher than most people during the day.
- I wonder if this is due to the fact I'm the only one using fish-scale skis ? Do they all have the waxed ones ? even when going down, when others just had to let it go, I had to push.
- For sure I took too many clothes. It was damn cold in the morning but later I quickly removed them all and packed in the rucksack... which, also was perhaps too heavy with unuseful stuff.
- Cross-Country skiing is a nice way to visit mountains, in the condition that there is not a too high elevation difference and steady gradient. Gory Izerskie
are the perfect place for that, but there are not so many such flat and high areas in polish mountains, which makes the choice not so wide... I definitely gave up my fantasms of exploring the rest of the Sudetes in winter this way. I can ski on the shores of the Oder in Wroclaw, like some people I sometimes see, but good snow conditions do not occur often in town...
- I think I will not buy them, well for the moment. For 30zl the whole set (7,5 euros) I can rent them each time...
- I will try again !