Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Deleting threads

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Deleting threads

Postby Scott » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Don't know what kind of filters your libraries use but i never had a problem with accessing SP for any reason ...

And others of us do have a problem accessing.

It isnt about personal freedom it is about giving a reason why something is not allowed ...

What's wrong with my reason?

PS, kids also use this website, but that might not be a good reason for you.

You have never told me anything about it Scott so please clarify yourself!

I told you (more than once) by PM during our coversation of SP ownership. I have a draft copy of it at home and will show it to you. You used the english is my second or third language excuse or something like that.

There were several old threads explaining the problem as well.
Scott

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Josh Lewis

Postby mvs » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:19 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:
Why don't the elves just use a word-filter so every f-word would show up as "f-word" which is like 2 seconds of work in phpBB?

Oh because THAT would be okay. Lessee...editing your post to manually remove an f-word: INTOLERABLE. Automatically removing your f-words: COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE.

Today anyway. For this specific case. :roll:
mvs

The following user would like to thank mvs for this post
Sarah Simon

Postby kevin trieu » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:35 pm

I felt really bad that EB gave you an honest answer and even offer a partner. I really don't think you deserve any reasonable explanation and adult treatment from the elves or any other respectable members on this website. Your post was trolling at best.
kevin trieu

The following user would like to thank kevin trieu for this post
Fletch, Sarah Simon

Postby Bob Sihler » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote: Fuckin' fuckety fuck.

But using this in a post is allowed? Posted by yourself!

:lol:

Stef, we're talking about the title of a thread on the front page, not the contents of a thread, especially one in Off-Route. Can't you do better than that?

Context for anyone bored enough to take an interest: http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/post783718.html?hilit=Fuckin%27%20fuckety%20fuck#p783718.

Stef, have a great trip to the Sierra Nevada this summer. Actually, I'll be out there around the same time myself. If we run into each other, we can drink some Belgian ales by a real campfire and you can tell me how awful I am!
Bob's Law: The rationality of a person is inversely proportional to the number of political and religious bumper stickers on his car. Around bumper-sticker warriors, smile, speak calmly, and get the hell away as fast as possible.
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

Postby Fletch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:27 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:What might seem vulgar for some, might seem normal to others. And probably most americans would use the same language in a speaking form as the language I used. If you read the post give me an alternative which expresses the same feeling but doesn't involve any vulgar language ...

That's bullshit. And 'Americans' is capitalized.
Fletch

The following user would like to thank Fletch for this post
Josh Lewis, mvs

Postby Bob Burd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:45 pm

I really love the martyr routine. And I don't think I owe you an explanation for getting rid of a "Fuck" in a thread title in the regular forums. As others said - that should be obvious. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and downvote some of my pages or pictures. I especially get rankled over 8s. Drives me up a wall.
Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

Postby Vitaliy M. » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:30 pm

WOW Did you really need a "We edited the word "FUCK" out of your thread's name because SP is a public site, and we do not like this language on our front page." note????

Especially after stating you want to top rope the Nose!

Vitaliy M.

Postby butitsadryheat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Well, at least it wasn't ME who got accused of changing his posts

I'd tell him to go start his own site, but he already did that, and then shut the whole site down when he didn't like the freedom of speech people were using on that site, because they said bad, mean things about him!

Anyway, I will wait patiently for the "longest TR in Summitpost history" to appear. With the second or third language excuse, that should be a hoot!
butitsadryheat

Postby Marmaduke » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 pm

FVCK/ing is a word that is absolutely unnecessary to use while making a point. Try the following:

Get the heck out!
You are a stupid idiot!
I hate your frickin' guts.
Go hump yourself

And there's many more alternatives. Leave the F-Bombs for some other website blog.
Marmaduke

Postby Fletch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Marmaduke wrote:Go hump yourself

:lol: nah... sounds better the other way...
Fletch

The following user would like to thank Fletch for this post
Marmaduke

Postby MarkDidier » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:51 am

This morning, when I saw the title of the thread I was amazed that it was actually on the front page of SP. I am no prude so I don't care that the word was used...but there is a time and PLACE for everythiing...and the front page of SP is not the PLACE. I can't believe we really have to have this discussion...amazing!
MarkDidier

Postby Bob Sihler » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:07 am

butitsadryheat wrote:Anyway, I will wait patiently for the "longest TR in Summitpost history" to appear. With the second or third language excuse, that should be a hoot!

In fairness to Stef, he really is working on a very long TR, though I don't know if it will be the longest ever. And I have offered to help with the editing. Silly threads aside, he does want to make a really good contribution to SP.
Bob's Law: The rationality of a person is inversely proportional to the number of political and religious bumper stickers on his car. Around bumper-sticker warriors, smile, speak calmly, and get the hell away as fast as possible.
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback