Detroit Marathon, was anybody else there?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Heartland of the America. Hey, this includes Arkansas. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Midwest US Climbing Partners section.
woodsxc

Detroit Marathon, was anybody else there?

by woodsxc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:32 pm

I ran Detroit this weekend. Unofficial time was 3:24:xx. Not great, but not bad for my first marathon. I'm exhausted and my legs have never been more sore, but I'm still proud of my time and already planning for another one in the spring.

Link to PnP thread on the subject.

Are Tod, Tim, John, Glen, Justin, Josh, Tony, or Dan on here? Anybody notice/run with #692? Well, that was me.

Tonka

by Tonka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:04 pm

From what I've read in the news you were lucky to get out of that race alive :shock:

Great time for your first race!

woodsxc

by woodsxc » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:04 pm

Tonka wrote:From what I've read in the news you were lucky to get out of that race alive :shock:

Great time for your first race!

Thanks! I didn't see or hear about any of that stuff while I was there. Actually, come to think of it, I learned about it from PnP!

MarkDidier

by MarkDidier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:18 pm

Great job! You should be bragging about your 3:24, not apologizing. Most of us mere mortals have a hard time going a few miles at a 7:47 pace, let alone 26 of them! I know how sore I was after a half marathon back in 2001. There's no way I could have run 13 more miles that day.

Return to Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)