Do You Climb Naked?

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 am

Foxy Long Bottoms wrote:Do I climb naked? Been there, done that, got the T-shirt but I didn't wear it because I was naked!

How many men will reflexively hit your profile after this?

It was a full moon on the 3rd Flatiron over Boulder. :lol:

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:10 am

MoapaPk wrote:
Day Hiker wrote: That is, unless some asshole is crazy enough to hike 11300 feet up from Shorty's Well in July.

You can get seriously injured going to 11300' on Telescope... like Icarus.

That's the elevation gain, silly. Shorty's Well is at minus 250 feet or something like that.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:15 am

MoapaPk wrote:
Foxy Long Bottoms wrote:Do I climb naked? Been there, done that, got the T-shirt but I didn't wear it because I was naked!

And how many clicked on snowflake's profile, just to find out he's not a female? :oops:

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Day Hiker wrote:
MoapaPk wrote:
Day Hiker wrote: That is, unless some asshole is crazy enough to hike 11300 feet up from Shorty's Well in July.

You can get seriously injured going to 11300' on Telescope... like Icarus.

That's the elevation gain, silly. Shorty's Well is at minus 250 feet or something like that.

Actually, the accumulated gain is more like 11500', since there are 3 bumps on the way. I've done that hike, but not in July; because the moon was better in November, of course.

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Why do you ask? Hey, I'm not one of those guys (not that there's anything wrong with that)! Just keep your hands to yourself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

snowflake

by snowflake » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:54 pm

Day Hiker wrote:
MoapaPk wrote:

And how many clicked on snowflake's profile, just to find out he's not a female? :oops:

The comment about not needing an ice axe to self-arrest should have been a give-away; sorry to disappoint the guys out there. BTW, the profile photo is K2 North Ridge ABC, and it was VERY cold.

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:06 pm

snowflake wrote:BTW, the profile photo is K2 North Ridge ABC, and it was VERY cold.

So much for an ice axe eh :D

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:36 pm

snowflake wrote:
Day Hiker wrote:And how many clicked on snowflake's profile, just to find out he's not a female? :oops:

The comment about not needing an ice axe to self-arrest should have been a give-away; sorry to disappoint the guys out there.

Yeah, but the ladies are pretty happy. Image

So, you from around these parts? Image

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:29 pm

sarah.simon wrote:
sarah.simon wrote:Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww.

I can safely say that the vast majority of the folks I've summitted peaks with, bless their sweet hearts, I have zero interest in seeing any more of.

In fact, many of them should stick to winter mountaineering for the full coverage offered.

NO THANKS!

Errr...uh...no disrespect meant to the many mountain lovelies here on SP I've hiked with... :oops:

Hey, I know you were talking about me! :evil: and your half-hearted apology is not accepted! :evil:

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:
sarah.simon wrote:
sarah.simon wrote:Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww.

I can safely say that the vast majority of the folks I've summitted peaks with, bless their sweet hearts, I have zero interest in seeing any more of.

In fact, many of them should stick to winter mountaineering for the full coverage offered.

NO THANKS!

Errr...uh...no disrespect meant to the many mountain lovelies here on SP I've hiked with... :oops:

Hey, I know you were talking about me! :evil: and your half-hearted apology is not accepted! :evil:

But...Buz, if you had heeded my instructions to climb in costume (see related thread "Climbing in Costume) and climbed as a pirate or a cowboy, we wouldn't be having this argument, now, would we? :P

brianhughes

by brianhughes » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:40 pm

I saw this naked dude last month, when I was visiting my nephew, who lives just up the hill from it in Silt. I can't imagine why anyone would even give it a second look. The locals call it the Round-a-Butt.

no avatar
edl

by edl » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Naked people in the wilderness is great in theory, but in reality isn't so hot. Among any group of people, the ones most likely to get naked are the ones who need to keep their clothes on. Ugh...

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:02 am

edl wrote:Naked people in the wilderness is great in theory, but in reality isn't so hot. Among any group of people, the ones most likely to get naked are the ones who need to keep their clothes on. Ugh...

Most likely also the same folks who ask for a bike jersey in an XXL.

dan2see

by dan2see » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:55 am

I love the sun and the wind on my body.

Visiting a mountain seems -- I don't know -- wussy, when all covered up.
The summit dance is an exaltation of the sky, the rock, and you. You can't improve it by covering up.

CClaude

by CClaude » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:21 pm

good thing this is not a continuation of the Visualization and Climbing thread.

We've joked that what would be worse is a stemming route with a thong if the climber was a guy (after a recent article in one of the climbing rags)

but I guess an offwidth would be worse. (hmmm,,,,...... arm barring,... :oops: )

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander