A few friends have been wanting to do Half-Dome, with a lay-over at the Little Yosemite "wilderness" campground. I've done Half-Dome many times as a day-hike and I've gotten many wilderness permits over the years (including a LY permit), but I am worried that we would not be able to get permits for it. More specifically, they can only take Monday or Friday off to get FCFS permits and would like to go within the next couple of weeks (I was thinking around the 21st of September).
How likely is it that we would get FCFS permits under those conditions?
The idea would be to get to a Yosemite Wilderness Center on Friday @8am, wait until 11am for the FCFS permit distribution, and get a permit for Saturday. Similarly, we could also go on a Sunday, to get permits for Monday.
Can anyone comment on how likely/difficult it is to get FCFS permits for week-ends this time of the year? I've done something similar mid-week and had no problems in June, but it was mid-week and I don't think that having a Friday or Monday helps us that much...
Any help would be greatly appreciated,