Forum name change request

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Proterra

Forum name change request

by Proterra » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:07 am

Dear Elves,

I would like to see the name of a forum on this site being changed into something more historically appropriate:

Could you please consider changing the name "Off-Route" in to "Prate and Prattle"?

Thanks in advance,
Clint/
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it.

The following user would like to thank Proterra for this post
John Duffield

Arthur Digbee

Re: Forum name change request

by Arthur Digbee » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Actually, I like "Off-Route" as a name. I like puns.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

The following user would like to thank Arthur Digbee for this post
JasonH

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:33 am

For better or worse, right or wrong, PnP is not coming back. Every Elf was against restoring the old forum. The newly opened Off-Route, with its rules, is a compromise. The rules are not as oppressive as some make them to be and are mostly there to deter the old raging flame wars. People used to complain that the rules were unclear (and yeah, I did some complaining, too). Now there are posted rules. I have no doubt some people will test them and others will complain about how they are enforced or not enforced, but there is no more "We were never told..."

There is a thread there for requesting popular, fun, and harmless topics to be restored. Please use it.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

Proterra

by Proterra » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:For better or worse, right or wrong, PnP is not coming back. Every Elf was against restoring the old forum. The newly opened Off-Route, with its rules, is a compromise. The rules are not as oppressive as some make them to be and are mostly there to deter the old raging flame wars. People used to complain that the rules were unclear (and yeah, I did some complaining, too). Now there are posted rules. I have no doubt some people will test them and others will complain about how they are enforced or not enforced, but there is no more "We were never told..."

There is a thread there for requesting popular, fun, and harmless topics to be restored. Please use it.

I'm not talking about changing anything about Off-Route except for the name... Come on, for old time's sake :P
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it.

JasonH

by JasonH » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:For better or worse, right or wrong, PnP is not coming back. Every Elf was against restoring the old forum. The newly opened Off-Route, with its rules, is a compromise. The rules are not as oppressive as some make them to be and are mostly there to deter the old raging flame wars. People used to complain that the rules were unclear (and yeah, I did some complaining, too). Now there are posted rules. I have no doubt some people will test them and others will complain about how they are enforced or not enforced, but there is no more "We were never told..."

Does this mean we can't have the Patriot Holster thread?
I have a demon in me - Stu

kamil

by kamil » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Why don't we just start using the name PnP in referring to this forum? Who cares what's the official name, the folk name will be PnP :P :mrgreen:

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:51 pm

JasonH wrote:

Do you remember the exact name or the author? I don't. If I knew, I would consider locking it and then restoring it for a little bit just for laughs. Some of the comments there were priceless.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

JasonH

by JasonH » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:
JasonH wrote:

Do you remember the exact name or the author? I don't. If I knew, I would consider locking it and then restoring it for a little bit just for laughs. Some of the comments there were priceless.

Afraid not. I think that was a case of extreme thread drift.
I have a demon in me - Stu

Return to Site Feedback