Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Gear Closets...Let's see 'em

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

lol

Postby redcell6613 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:33 am

Keeping your stuff organized means you can come home Friday night, throw your gear in the car, and never have to wonder when you get to the trailhead if you forgot to pack that orange skirt.... Shit.

That made me laugh..... SO....Think I could borrow that sometime while we are on the topic??
redcell6613

Re: lol

Postby norco17 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:37 am

redcell6613 wrote:
Keeping your stuff organized means you can come home Friday night, throw your gear in the car, and never have to wonder when you get to the trailhead if you forgot to pack that orange skirt.... Shit.

That made me laugh..... SO....Think I could borrow that sometime while we are on the topic??

At this rate this thread will soon be in PnP.
norco17

Postby mconnell » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:47 am

Andinistaloco wrote:Good lord, I agree with mconnel. You folks have way too much time if you're that organized! WHen I pack for a trip I've got to find stuff in every room of the house! My gear's everywhere! And because it is, I almost always forget something important! And...um... never mind. :oops: :wink:

I would never forget anything. Except for food on one trip. Gloves when ice climbing. Crampons when ice climbing trip. The really bad thing about all 3 of those trip: All three of them were with the same partner. :oops: (Sorry, Dug!)

Actually, with the way my gear is organized right now, I could be out the door for ice, rock, or skiing within about 2 minutes. But that's only because I never unpacked last time...
mconnell

Postby erykmynn » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Andinistaloco wrote:Good lord, I agree with mconnel. You folks have way too much time if you're that organized! WHen I pack for a trip I've got to find stuff in every room of the house! My gear's everywhere! And because it is, I almost always forget something important! And...um... never mind. :oops: :wink:
I was in mconnel's situation before. having everything (well almost everything) in one place makes packing go a lot faster. still forget stuff though, thats just the way it is.
erykmynn

Postby climberslacker » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 pm

You never forget anything, you just reduce pack-weight.
Last edited by climberslacker on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
climberslacker

Postby Grampahawk » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Gear closet... HMMMM. Square plastic tub and hanging from nails in the garage; flat plastic tub under the bed; sleeping bags are on the floor in the back of the closet; misc small items are in three drawers in my dresser;rain gear hanging in my son's closet now that he moved out; half the winter gear is my wifes hope chest in the mudroom. And I'm supposed to an organized guy. I GOT TO GET ME A GEAR CLOSET!
Grampahawk

Postby DudeThatMustHurt » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:01 pm

If I ever get my computer working again I'll be able to post my room, right nowcim stuck using my iPod touch to get online... Grr
DudeThatMustHurt

Postby Autoxfil » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:38 am

Pegboard rocks. This started as a mock-up, but is now semi-permanent - I finished the closet where it was supposed to go, but see no reason to move it all.

Autoxfil

Postby mconnell » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:48 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:
haivanhuynh wrote:is hanging dynamic rope a good idea?

Hanging rope isn't a bad idea if it is COMPLETELY dry!

If there's still some water in it in will all go down to the bottom of the hanging rope ... If you use it every weekend, no prob, if you don't use it for two months at all: big problem!

Why? It will dry in a week whether you use it or not.
mconnell

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:17 pm

mconnell wrote:
sjarelkwint wrote:
haivanhuynh wrote:is hanging dynamic rope a good idea?

Hanging rope isn't a bad idea if it is COMPLETELY dry!

If there's still some water in it in will all go down to the bottom of the hanging rope ... If you use it every weekend, no prob, if you don't use it for two months at all: big problem!

Why? It will dry in a week whether you use it or not.

Yeah, why is that bad? If I hung a wet rope in my house it would be dry by the end of the day...
Chris

Postby Petro » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Is it just me or does most of the gear shown in this thread look like it's never used?
Petro

Postby mconnell » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Petro wrote:Is it just me or does most of the gear shown in this thread look like it's never used?

Who's got time to climb with all that display building and gear sorting?
Last edited by mconnell on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
mconnell

PreviousNext

Return to General