Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Himalaya wrap-ups

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.
 

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby artrock23 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:04 am

Broad Peak summit, K2 update...

http://altitudepakistan.blogspot.com/
User Avatar
artrock23

 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Laguna Beach, California, United States
Thanked: 155 times in 84 posts

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Cy Kaicener » Mon May 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Denis Urubko, Alex Txikon and Adam Bieliki are now at 7200 meters on Kangchenjunga
http://alextxikonblog.blogspot.com.es/2 ... el-cb.html - In Spanish

In English
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 7000-metri

Kangchenjunga north, pictures of mountain climbers at 7000 meters

May 12, 2014 - 13:21 | Author: Valentina d'Angella


From camp 3 7100 meters (Photo facebook page Adam Bielecki)
From camp 3 7100 meters (Photo facebook page Adam Bielecki)

KATHMANDU, Nepal - They arrived at 7200 meters of altitude mountaineers engaged Kangchenjunga north side. Denis Urubko Txikon Alex and Adam Bielecki, along with Russian Artem Braun and Dmitri Sinev support the expedition, are currently at base camp waiting for the real attack of the summit. In recent days, they arrived at Camp 3, the crest stopped at about 7200 meters, where a strong wind was blowing. These beautiful pictures posted by Adam Bielecki and Alex Txikon on their Facebook pages.

According to what he wrote on Facebook May 9 Bielecki, who today turns 31 years climbers have climbed in recent days up to camp 3, then fell back to base camp to rest. A photo, also published by Txikon on Facebook shows the path uphill until now (the green one), near the British (yellow line): the path would be established on the basis of the current state of the mountain, and the danger of crevasses. The climb would have required the use of all the strings at their disposal, so that the team would be waiting for the arrival of other strings.

Urubko Txikon and Bielecki are on the northern side of Kangchenjunga for groped to open a new route. In the next few days could reach the decisive moment for the attack of the summit itself.
User Avatar
Cy Kaicener

 
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 pm
Location: Rialto, California, United States
Thanked: 229 times in 211 posts

The following user would like to thank Cy Kaicener for this post
Diego Sahagún

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Diego Sahagún » Wed May 14, 2014 6:15 pm

El alpinista Carlos Soria inicia el ataque a la cumbre del Kanchenjunga: http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20140513/al ... 9132.shtml
User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 554 times in 504 posts

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed May 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Last edited by Cy Kaicener on Fri May 16, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User Avatar
Cy Kaicener

 
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 pm
Location: Rialto, California, United States
Thanked: 229 times in 211 posts

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Diego Sahagún » Thu May 15, 2014 11:51 am

Diego Sahagún wrote:El alpinista Carlos Soria inicia el ataque a la cumbre del Kanchenjunga: http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20140513/al ... 9132.shtml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEZ_CARskkQ#t=22 (in Spanish)
User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 554 times in 504 posts

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Diego Sahagún » Sat May 17, 2014 12:16 pm

User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 554 times in 504 posts

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Diego Sahagún » Sat May 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Cy Kaicener wrote:Denis Urubko, Alex Txikon and Adam Bieliki are now at 7200 meters on Kangchenjunga
http://alextxikonblog.blogspot.com.es/2 ... el-cb.html - In Spanish

In English
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 7000-metri

Kangchenjunga north, pictures of mountain climbers at 7000 meters

May 12, 2014 - 13:21 | Author: Valentina d'Angella


From camp 3 7100 meters (Photo facebook page Adam Bielecki)
From camp 3 7100 meters (Photo facebook page Adam Bielecki)

KATHMANDU, Nepal - They arrived at 7200 meters of altitude mountaineers engaged Kangchenjunga north side. Denis Urubko Txikon Alex and Adam Bielecki, along with Russian Artem Braun and Dmitri Sinev support the expedition, are currently at base camp waiting for the real attack of the summit. In recent days, they arrived at Camp 3, the crest stopped at about 7200 meters, where a strong wind was blowing. These beautiful pictures posted by Adam Bielecki and Alex Txikon on their Facebook pages.

According to what he wrote on Facebook May 9 Bielecki, who today turns 31 years climbers have climbed in recent days up to camp 3, then fell back to base camp to rest. A photo, also published by Txikon on Facebook shows the path uphill until now (the green one), near the British (yellow line): the path would be established on the basis of the current state of the mountain, and the danger of crevasses. The climb would have required the use of all the strings at their disposal, so that the team would be waiting for the arrival of other strings.

Urubko Txikon and Bielecki are on the northern side of Kangchenjunga for groped to open a new route. In the next few days could reach the decisive moment for the attack of the summit itself.

http://alextxikon.grupok35.com/
User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 554 times in 504 posts

The following user would like to thank Diego Sahagún for this post
Cy Kaicener

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sun May 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Last edited by Cy Kaicener on Mon May 19, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User Avatar
Cy Kaicener

 
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 pm
Location: Rialto, California, United States
Thanked: 229 times in 211 posts

The following user would like to thank Cy Kaicener for this post
Diego Sahagún

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Diego Sahagún » Mon May 19, 2014 10:24 am

Diego Sahagún wrote:
Cy Kaicener wrote:Denis Urubko, Alex Txikon and Adam Bieliki are now at 7200 meters on Kangchenjunga
http://alextxikonblog.blogspot.com.es/2 ... el-cb.html - In Spanish

In English
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 7000-metri

Kangchenjunga north, pictures of mountain climbers at 7000 meters

May 12, 2014 - 13:21 | Author: Valentina d'Angella


From camp 3 7100 meters (Photo facebook page Adam Bielecki)
From camp 3 7100 meters (Photo facebook page Adam Bielecki)

KATHMANDU, Nepal - They arrived at 7200 meters of altitude mountaineers engaged Kangchenjunga north side. Denis Urubko Txikon Alex and Adam Bielecki, along with Russian Artem Braun and Dmitri Sinev support the expedition, are currently at base camp waiting for the real attack of the summit. In recent days, they arrived at Camp 3, the crest stopped at about 7200 meters, where a strong wind was blowing. These beautiful pictures posted by Adam Bielecki and Alex Txikon on their Facebook pages.

According to what he wrote on Facebook May 9 Bielecki, who today turns 31 years climbers have climbed in recent days up to camp 3, then fell back to base camp to rest. A photo, also published by Txikon on Facebook shows the path uphill until now (the green one), near the British (yellow line): the path would be established on the basis of the current state of the mountain, and the danger of crevasses. The climb would have required the use of all the strings at their disposal, so that the team would be waiting for the arrival of other strings.

Urubko Txikon and Bielecki are on the northern side of Kangchenjunga for groped to open a new route. In the next few days could reach the decisive moment for the attack of the summit itself.

http://alextxikon.grupok35.com/

ALEX TXIKON, SE QUEDA A 8.350 M: http://alextxikonblog.blogspot.com.es/2 ... 350-m.html
User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 554 times in 504 posts

The following user would like to thank Diego Sahagún for this post
Cy Kaicener

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Cy Kaicener » Mon May 19, 2014 4:30 pm

http://www.planetmountain.com/english/N ... eyid=41811 -- Denis Urubko, Carlos Soria and Marco Comandona summit Kangchenjunga

http://altitudepakistan.blogspot.com/20 ... ss-on.html -- Success on Kangchenjunga, Makalu, Dhaulagiri and Cho Oyu
User Avatar
Cy Kaicener

 
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 pm
Location: Rialto, California, United States
Thanked: 229 times in 211 posts

The following user would like to thank Cy Kaicener for this post
Diego Sahagún

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Cy Kaicener » Thu May 22, 2014 6:09 pm

User Avatar
Cy Kaicener

 
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 pm
Location: Rialto, California, United States
Thanked: 229 times in 211 posts

The following user would like to thank Cy Kaicener for this post
Diego Sahagún

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sat May 24, 2014 6:59 pm

http://7summits-club.com/newssections/a ... item_4671/ -- 15 climbers reach the summit of Everest North side
User Avatar
Cy Kaicener

 
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59 pm
Location: Rialto, California, United States
Thanked: 229 times in 211 posts

The following user would like to thank Cy Kaicener for this post
Diego Sahagún

Re: Himalaya wrap-ups

Postby Diego Sahagún » Sun May 25, 2014 1:35 am

User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14498
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 554 times in 504 posts

Previous

Return to News

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.