Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Huascaran National Park

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Huascaran National Park

Postby timfoltz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm

I know this has been touched on, but i was hoping someone had some more recent information. Has Peru gone through with requiring guides within the National Park? Are you still able to get around the rule by showing a membership to the AAC or such? Thanks in advance.

Tim
timfoltz

Postby Boleslav » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:16 pm

send email to Chris at cafeandino@hotmail.com he is a gem of info and will know, pls. post the results here
Boleslav

Postby MRoyer4 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:57 am

As of last season, an AAC membership was accepted without question (the AAC even has a letter for you to print if you visit their webpage). There are several posts about this question. Search those if you need more detail. I doubt anyone has been there yet this season, but I don't think it will change anyway.
MRoyer4

Postby Boleslav » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:12 am

I tried to find the letter you are referring to, without any luck, do you have a link to it?
thanks
Boleslav

Postby sharperblue » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 am

The letter is an automatically-generated .pdf unique to each AAC member. Just go to http://www.americanalpineclub.org/

sign in, then go to your profile, and nail the 'proof of membership' button; it will create one for you on AAC letterhead (easily duplicated on any gimp/photoshop platform...) suitable for framing, creating topos on, etc
sharperblue

Return to South America