Instructional DVD:s about alpine mountaineering?

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
no avatar
Rakman

Instructional DVD:s about alpine mountaineering?

by Rakman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello everyone!

My first post here although I´ve been visiting this page for quite some time now. Awesome place!

I´m going to Norway in early spring time together with some more experienced friends. We´re going to trekk in snowy mountain landscapes and maybe there will also be some light climbing involved.

Altough I´m in good hands, I´d personally like to be as prepared as possible so now I´m asking you guys if you know any good and THOROUGH DVD tutorials about alpine mountaineering skills. Interesting topics would especially be:
* Glacier knowledge (roping techniques, rescue technique, identifying potentiakl crevasses, and so on)
* Avalanche skills (detecting potentially hazardous slopes, rescue technique and so on)

Except for those to (glacier knowledge and avalanche skills) I´d also be interested to know more about pretty much everything that´s good to know in those kind of environments.

So, any DVD:s you guys can recommend me? Please note that I´m particularly on the hunt for DVD:s. I already have a couple of good books on the subject, so books is not want I want. Also please not that I want INSTRUCTIONAL DVD:s - so dramatic documentaries about the Himalayas ("Discovery Channel style") is not what I want.

Thanks in advance! :D

/Rakman

Kai

Re: Instructional DVD:s about alpine mountaineering?

by Kai » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:46 pm

no avatar
Rakman

by Rakman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 am

Thanks Kai! Actually I bought that one earliger today together with another video from BMC called "Winter Essentials". I´ve seen their trailers and short snippets on youtube and they seem very promising. Thanks!

Any other suggestions?

I appreciate your help, guys! Thanks alot!

no avatar
Rakman

by Rakman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:41 am

Oh, I was so tired when I read your post that I didn´t notice the second link. That one seems very interesting! It´s a bit pricey but so are diamonds :D

Keep ´em coming! :)

Return to General