Just Finished Seven Summits And Selling New and Used Gear

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
no avatar
chapter11

Just Finished Seven Summits And Selling New and Used Gear

by chapter11 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Just finished the Vinson Massif in Dec (the last of my Seven Summits) and am looking to retire from mountaineering.

Will be posting equipment up from time to time - Here is the first lot of items. Will look to try and sell here over the next few weeks before resorting to Ebay.

1) New with Tags - Mountain Hardware Absolute Zero Mitt Size Medium - $100
2) New with Tags - Black Diamond Guide Gloves Size Medium - $125
3) New (without tags) - Outdoor Research Expedition Crocodile Gaitors in Size Extra Large - $60
4) Used Mint (5 days on Denali) MSR Denali Snow Shoes Adult Size (no extensions) - $100
5) Used Mint (1 day on Denali - Windy Corner) Tracer Climbing Helmet Size Large - $50

Pics available upon request. Email me sgrischow@gmail.com with any questions. Stay Tuned for rest of gear.

no avatar
chapter11

Re: Just Finished Seven Summits And Selling New and Used Gea

by chapter11 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:42 pm

myfierceblackhound wrote:A 34 yr old "retiring" from mountaineering by trying to sell his used gear off for new prices...and people that are chasing the "7S" wonder why so many climbers make fun of them.

I'm in the market for a pair of ascenders if you have any left that you didn't wear out jugging to the top of the world. Oh and I'd be interested in buying that rope your crew is standing on in one of your three photos from your epic adventures. I need to make a rug.

Congrats on your "achievement"

Thanks for the note, dude - the grapes must be really sour this time of year in your neck of the woods.....

Unless you can show me otherwise all of those prices are well below MSRP - even for the NWT equipment.......

Probably need to upgrade your monitor - no one is stepping on a rope in that Denali ridge photo.....

Keep up the positive attitude - it will take you a long way!!!

etai101

by etai101 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 pm

love this thread BUT its gotta stop.
"chapter" if you want to get rid of youre gear better post at mountain project thay a better FS board much more alive than this one.
(no offence SPers if you even can be offended by saying it but i get all my used gear from MP) esspecially for tons of gear like you have.
if you want to get rid of allot at once i think posting pics goes a REALLY long way make some kind of a discounting system based on shipping or sets.
here check this out notice how much gear he sold
http://www.mountainproject.com/v/fs-bd- ... /107247155

p.s.
i dont know about msrps of the gear you posted but im not buying any glove for 120$ for a another climber i might as well go to the store and pick out somthing i like better.

no avatar
zeroforhire

by zeroforhire » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:46 pm

yikes. for a 4 post member, blackhound is a jerk.

prices are a little high, but there is no need for so much hostility.

congrats on the 7 summits. Great achievement.

no avatar
chapter11

by chapter11 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:07 pm

myfierceblackhound wrote:
Probably need to upgrade your monitor - no one is stepping on a rope in that Denali ridge photo.....

2) New with Tags - Black Diamond Guide Gloves Size Medium - $125

http://www.e-omc.com/catalog/products/2549/Black-Diamond-Guide-Glove-Mens.html

3) New (without tags) - Outdoor Research Expedition Crocodile Gaitors in Size Extra Large - $60

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Outdoor+Research+Expedition+Crocodile+Gaiters&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1008&bih=590&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8051542822657533093&sa=X&ei=7e4BT73MNqWziQKBs-WQDQ&ved=0CHUQ8wIwAA

4) Used Mint (5 days on Denali) MSR Denali Snow Shoes Adult Size (no extensions) - $100

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=msr+denali+snowshoes&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14082674985254224218&sa=X&ei=-vABT6zmJYfZiAK_pPmMDQ&ved=0CKgBEPICMAQ

5) Used Mint (1 day on Denali - Windy Corner) Tracer Climbing Helmet Size Large - $50

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&q=black+diamond+tracer&gs_upl=3124l7590l3l8553l15l12l1l0l0l3l329l1751l3.8.0.1l13l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1008&bih=590&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15602694225565820598&sa=X&ei=WO4BT_OMDeePiAKBxuCzDg&ved=0CHQQgggwAA

Have a nice day.

Blackhound -

Woops - I will have to forward this to my Denali team - I missed that rope step in the pic. I apologize.

Also - that is some great research you did on the stuff I posted up initially - since you seem to have so much time on your hands perhaps I send you a list of the rest of the gear and you can continue your research? Interested? Apologies to the group if the prices were inflated - shoot me an offer if you are interested.

etai101

by etai101 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 pm

could you give me an offer on that jacket your wearing? on the summit pic talking about that red one.

no avatar
chapter11

by chapter11 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Sorry, I am not sure I see a red jacket - I have a blue one on..

etai101

by etai101 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 am

i guess you dont own youre friends jacket( MH sub zero if im not mistaken).
i thought you were the point man in the picture in the red jacket

no avatar
chapter11

by chapter11 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Nope - I had already sold the down that I used on Denali - I do have a Marmot 8000M (size medium) that I just bought last month for Vinson.

surgent

by surgent » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Why "retire" from climbing after the 7 summits? There are thousands of other interesting peaks out there.

fatdad

by fatdad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:40 pm

surgent wrote:Why "retire" from climbing after the 7 summits? There are thousands of other interesting peaks out there.

Because he's a trophy hunter, not a climber. The sport will be better off without him.

The following user would like to thank fatdad for this post
jdunham4, Vitaliy M.

radson

by radson » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Why not close one chapter and start on a new chapter in life's journey. Maybe he wants to start a family, sail around the world? Why does it matter?

The following user would like to thank radson for this post
attimount, JB99

mattyj

by mattyj » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:51 pm

radson wrote:Why does it matter?

If you want to sell gear, fine, post it up. If you want to add a little context, a simple "I bought this specifically for x trip and don't see myself using it anytime soon" gets the job done. Every year people sell their overboots and such from Denali, and no one gives them shit.

Throwing this "conquered the 7S, retiring from mountaineering" attitude into the post is just inviting snark in return. What relevance does it have to the gear listing, other than as a marketing ploy to keep the thread active and catching eyeballs? I'm all for live and let live, but that applies to the trophy climbers as well as the haters.

The following user would like to thank mattyj for this post
Kiefer

no avatar
chapter11

by chapter11 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:08 am

radson wrote:Why not close one chapter and start on a new chapter in life's journey. Maybe he wants to start a family, sail around the world? Why does it matter?

Bingo.

I agree that there are thousands of other peaks to climb, but there are also millions of other things to do.

Fatdad - I hope to god you are not an actual "dad" (or even a climber for that matter) with an attitude like that.....

I should have just left the reason why I was selling all of the equipment off - what a supportive group this place is....

no avatar
j4ever

by j4ever » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:24 am

if his prices are high dont buy or make an offer simple as that,im a newb to climbing but not a newb to different types of boards and haters are everywhere.

Next

Return to Classifieds