Laurel Mountain

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Snowball

by Snowball » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:31 pm

rdesota wrote:Congrats. Looks really fun. All in all, looks like decent climbing conditions?

thanks u guys.

yes, overall excellent climbing conditions. wonderful exposure. temps were ideal at bottom and cool at top. a little earlier in season might be better to keep the route well frozen. a couple of rocks came rolling down (grapefruit size) that would have hit each of us if the other had not yelled "ROCK". keep eyes looking up for safety. i am still a bit amazed that this couloir does not get more traffic given the 1 mile approach and quality of climbing...

just added my photos to the SP page for this route.

granjero

by granjero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:56 pm

I agree, this is a great winter climb (and even better descent) that deserves far more traffic.
Here is a trip report from our February climb and ski, glad all that ice was covered then!

http://splitboardlife.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8510&sid=2bf27b0a03ab51e9f6e1d4d34f4ec2a7

a few shots...

:!: I would add that it is highly recommended to get an early start to avoid being in the lower sections when the dark, south and east facing rock above is cooking and dropping bombs of varying densities... 8)

Glad you guys had fun!

Snowball

by Snowball » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:08 am

granjero wrote:I agree, this is a great winter climb (and even better descent) that deserves far more traffic.
Here is a trip report from our February climb and ski, glad all that ice was covered then!

http://splitboardlife.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8510&sid=2bf27b0a03ab51e9f6e1d4d34f4ec2a7

Glad you guys had fun!

HAHAHA! dude i luv it man....! u guys totally ripped that place. great TR and photos. wish i could ski it too but too hard for me. (maybe one day, i am working up to it) thanks for sharing with SP. sweet to see u guys in the great feb powder we had this year in the sierra backcountry! :lol: :lol:

Sam Mills

by Sam Mills » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 am

Snowball,

Nice job on the climb! I looked at your pictures, it looks like you guys had a great time.

Say yes to crack

by Say yes to crack » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 am

When conditions are right winter is awesome Image

Snowball

by Snowball » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 am

SM

glad u like the pics...!

SYTC

good stuff...! pretty ballsy lead thru that ice-step given the penalty of a fall there.... whew! :wink: thanks for sharing man

Previous

Return to California