Lost Trekkin' Pole on Ritter

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
sharperblue

Lost Trekkin' Pole on Ritter

by sharperblue » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Lost a trekking pole within 200' of Ritter's summit a few weeks ago; red, Black Diamond make. It would be on the North side above the normal route. If anyone finds it after the snows, i'll buy you a beer. If you're underage, i'll buy you two beers

mrchad9

Re: Lost Trekkin' Pole on Ritter

by mrchad9 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:46 am

LOL!

Well good luck! I lost two sets of poles (also BD by chance) a few years ago by leaving them at the Postpile trailhead (in addition to one set I lost at Tahoe 18 months ago the same way). I can't seem to hold onto these things, but at least not leaving it at the trailhead maybe there is a chance a more reputable person has located it. Probably not though.

Jesus Malverde

by Jesus Malverde » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Sharp,

I feel your pain. If some gentle soul finds your tpole and doesn't contact you, well....There's still good news:
1. If you keep hitting the back country/routes there's a good chance you will run across someone else's lost tpole. Well then, the pleasure is yours, right?. Call it Cosmic Justice? Closing the loop?
2. A more proactive way to replace that pole (and get some outside time tambien) is to hit up a couple of the bigger ski resorts a week or two after they close in the Spring. Hike up the ski runs (next to the lifts) while the snow is melting out. You'll find plenty of schwag and a ski pole or two (a consolation prize I know..):)

Buena Suerte,
JM

clmbr

by clmbr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 am

I lost (actually left) my water bottle on Mt Shasta Clear Creek a couple of weeks ago. Anyone finds it I’ll buy you a beer and you keep the bottle. :D And that was not the first or last item I’ve lost or am expecting to lose. That’s part of mountaineering. :D Make sure you would never lose your ice axe or crampons case you may not be able to write about it. :o

BTW, has anyone found my picket and a couple of carabiners on Whitney Glacier Icefalls? Extra beer for that. :D

Well mountaineering is suffering, not just physical but mental as well. :lol:

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:10 am

Ian found a brand new (really... spanking new) BD express screw en route to Whintey Glacier.

Win!

clmbr

by clmbr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:21 am

mrchad9 wrote:Ian found a brand new (really... spanking new) BD express screw en route to Whintey Glacier.

Win!

Ian is a lucky finder. He found two ice axes at NGTH a year or two ago. Good for him.

fedak

by fedak » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:16 am

Off the top of my head- I've left a pole on the Bear Mountain saddle in the Ventana, one on Wade in the Carson Range, one on Mt Siegel in the Pine Nuts, a eTrek GPS somewhere near the PGE site near Relief Reservoir, and a camera somewhere on the slopes of English Mountain.

If you find 'em they're yours :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.fedak.net/backcountry.html

The following user would like to thank fedak for this post
Jesus Malverde

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:39 pm

I lost two cans of Guinness in Lake Ediza 7 years ago. If you find and return them to me, I'll buy you two beers. I've been back to the area a few times looking for my treasures with no luck but I know they are still there. I'll soon post Missing Beers fliers in the region.

Return to California