Marshall Ulrich & Running America Film - Denver 20 May

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
fossana

Marshall Ulrich & Running America Film - Denver 20 May

by fossana » Tue May 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Got this from the Trail Running FB group. Thought others might be interested.

Film website here: http://www.runningamerica08.com/

----------

Meet Marshall Ulrich at the Denver Premiere of Running America. Marshall is a record setting ultra runner, mountaineer, adventure racer and an active humanitarian, speaker and author.

About Running America
On September 13, 2008 Running The Sahara's Charlie Engle teamed up with ultra-marathoner Marshall Ulrich in an attempt to break the Transamerica running record of 3,063 miles in 46 days. The run from San Francisco to city hall in New York City was a physical and mental endurance event requiring the runners to average close to 70 miles each day in order to accomplish this record-breaking milestone, pushing their physical and mental endurance to the breaking point.

Within the first steps of the journey, the runners were crossing a changing America. Set against breathtaking landscapes populated with opinionated Americans, Running America captures one of the most defining and difficult times in modern American history as the backdrop for an amazing and unpredictable expedition.

WHEN:
Thursday, May 20, 7:00p.m.

WHERE:
Starz FilmCenter
900 Auraria Parkway
Denver, C0 80204

TICKETS: $18
Your ticket includes admission to the screening, virtual swag bag, and a post film Q & A with Producer / Ultra Marathoner Charlie Engle. Charlie will be available to sign autographs.

Advance online tickets are available up to 3:30 p.m. MST on Thursday, May 20, 2010. At the door tickets will be available at the Starz FilmCenter. Go to http://www.facebook.com/l/93f25;www.nehst.com under Box office and purchase in advance to save $7!

glacierpaul

by glacierpaul » Thu May 13, 2010 1:15 pm

While Marshall is a neighbor of mine, and an absolute powerhouse runner, I have to question the "humanitarian" part of his description. Most of you know about my pay lot and how I provide toilets and trash removal, as well as my service of the lot. Marshall and his wife were opposed to me developing my land, which was already being used this way, to provide what I have. They moved up to St. Mary's(part time residence?) and now are trying to oppose other forms of recreation they do not like, that have been going on for decades, including the reopening of the old ski area, which has existed since 1930.
This is not meant to be an attack, merely want all to know the other side of that story.
By the way, if any would like to see the Ulrich's referal letter to the county about my parking lot, PM me I will give you the info. Very interesting why a humanitarian would oppose toilets, trash removal, and managed parking in an area that has got to be one of the most visited in Colorado.
Paul

Return to Colorado