Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Members leaving left and right ..

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
 

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby Alpinist » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:53 pm

TimB wrote:
lcarreau wrote:Hmmm .... :D

When I got up (late) this morning and turned on my computer, I was definitely surprised to see this thread at the TOP of the heap.

And the (former?) member who likened me to residing in a "padded hospital cell" made me THINK for a moment.

Doesn't the majority (of us) who (somehow) get addicted to COMPUTER FORUMS (me included) find ourselves often LOST in a self-imposed prison of our own making, unable to escape ??? ?? ?

YEP, just what I thought .... this is a Free Choice issue, and we should be able to LAUGH and PLAY the game as we choose. However we choose ..

THANKS to all of you who participated in this forum.

Gotta go outside NOW to fertilize the daises and trim the petunias .. and feed the donkeys ...AND ... see ya ...

Image


Damn, Larry!
I didn't realize your trunk was that long...
:shock:

...or that you have such a tiny ass!
User Avatar
Alpinist

 
Posts: 6005
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Kildeer, Illinois, United States
Thanked: 665 times in 445 posts

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby Josh Lewis » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:49 am

sjarelkwint wrote:I hate that guy! I hope he checks the info in this article so he knows what i want him to do with his life!


Wow, I'm glad I read url's before I click the link. :) I was in the middle of having sp load a trip report (it's still trying to post :roll: ) So even a draft feature couldn't save my trip report if I clicked that link. :wink:
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States
Thanked: 496 times in 328 posts

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
lcarreau

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby lcarreau » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:59 am

Josh Lewis wrote:
Wow, I'm glad I read url's before I click the link. :)


Yo yo ... Josh - wat's UP my man ??? Yeah, when I tried to make corrections on my pages, it was going pretty slow.

Hey ..... "Don't Forget to Go OUTSIDE, at least ONCE per DAY !!!

:lol:
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 896 times in 673 posts

The following user would like to thank lcarreau for this post
Josh Lewis

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby lcarreau » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:14 am

Alpinist wrote:
TimB wrote:
lcarreau wrote:Hmmm .... :D

When I got up (late) this morning and turned on my computer, I was definitely surprised to see this thread at the TOP of the heap.

And the (former?) member who likened me to residing in a "padded hospital cell" made me THINK for a moment.

Doesn't the majority (of us) who (somehow) get addicted to COMPUTER FORUMS (me included) find ourselves often LOST in a self-imposed prison of our own making, unable to escape ??? ?? ?

YEP, just what I thought .... this is a Free Choice issue, and we should be able to LAUGH and PLAY the game as we choose. However we choose ..

THANKS to all of you who participated in this forum.

Gotta go outside NOW to fertilize the daises and trim the petunias .. and feed the donkeys ...AND ... see ya ...

Image


Damn, Larry!
I didn't realize your trunk was that long...
:shock:

...or that you have such a tiny ass!


OMG !!! ........ WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOIN' LOOKING AT MY ASS ! ?? :lol:

:oops:
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 896 times in 673 posts

The following user would like to thank lcarreau for this post
mrchad9, TimB

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby Josh Lewis » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:28 am

Guys, your posts are...

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States
Thanked: 496 times in 328 posts

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby Lolli » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:03 am

There's a lot of assumption regarding why people leave. And an accusative attitude too. There are many reasons why people leave. Many have left for reasons which has nothing to do with SP, but other things. Or they're just bored with it, momentarily, or for ever.

To me the argument "one must have a thick skin" reeks of guilt. It's the same members who say that, who creates the atmosphere in which it's needed. In no forum, except maybe Off Route, should it be needed to have a thick skin. One can disagree on a subject without resorting to unpleasantry and personal attacks. As for me, you're very welcome to feel that guilt. When people leave because it's unpleasant, feel free to take the responsibility for it. :evil:

There's tons of people gone. Some slips silently away, some announce why. Knowledgeable climbers and interesting personalities are gone, and the site suffers from it. Some of it is natural changes, some is because it's been too nasty.
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!
User Avatar
Lolli

 
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Thanked: 108 times in 67 posts

The following user would like to thank Lolli for this post
Brian Jenkins, mvs, PellucidWombat

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby mrchad9 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:15 am

The recent departures said why they left. Wasn't because they were thin skinned... at least not according to them.
User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4200
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Thanked: 1214 times in 823 posts

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby lcarreau » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:15 am

Sorry, was just trying to add some HUMOR to the VOID that was leftover when folks decide to leave, for whatever reason ..

It's not my place to know WHY these folks left. In some cases, it could be a TRAGIC event (or series of events) that reshaped the person's life, and for that I wish them the BEST.

When a person joins SP, it's NOT like they're signing their lives away. They can come and go as they please, and will keep doing so.

I publicly apologize if my "humor" in this thread has offended folks enough to leave this site. It REALLY is a GREAT site, as compared to most.

Sometimes, can't HELP but wonder WHY some folks take things so SERIOUSLY, but they have their reasons and I feel I can coexist with their feelings.

:|
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 896 times in 673 posts

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby lcarreau » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:25 am

As for MYSELF ...

I plan to stay on this Site until health reasons dictate otherwise. Unfortunately, I can't predict my own future. Let's just say I plan to keep my nose clean.
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 896 times in 673 posts

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby Marmaduke » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:36 am

lcarreau wrote:Sorry, was just trying to add some HUMOR to the VOID that was leftover when folks decide to leave, for whatever reason ..

It's not my place to know WHY these folks left. In some cases, it could be a TRAGIC event (or series of events) that reshaped the person's life, and for that I wish them the BEST.

When a person joins SP, it's NOT like they're signing their lives away. They can come and go as they please, and will keep doing so.

I publicly apologize if my "humor" in this thread has offended folks enough to leave this site. It REALLY is a GREAT site, as compared to most.

Sometimes, can't HELP but wonder WHY some folks take things so SERIOUSLY, but they have their reasons and I feel I can coexist with their feelings.

:|


This is serious shit! For those that contribute beta to this site (not me), they are putting their necks on the line. We use their page information and get hurt, this shit falls on them. Too many of us don't contribute and take this for granted, while these climbers, yes climbers are out there in the mountains and taking what they see with their own eyes and then translate it to a page, for us. We sit around and make light of a serious topic and drive good people away, that's BS. It's time for a ban on all humor for the front page threads, let's apologize and pray more don't make for the door.
User Avatar
Marmaduke

 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Sonoma, California, United States
Thanked: 581 times in 447 posts

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby lcarreau » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:52 am

Seriously, wasn't my intention to drive anybody away. People LEAVE on their own free will, and the community will MISS them.
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 896 times in 673 posts

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby Marmaduke » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 am

lcarreau wrote:Seriously, wasn't my intention to drive anybody away. People LEAVE on their own free will, and the community will MISS them.


Pssst, Larry......my post wasn't serious.
User Avatar
Marmaduke

 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Sonoma, California, United States
Thanked: 581 times in 447 posts

The following user would like to thank Marmaduke for this post
lcarreau

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby lcarreau » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:23 am

ACTUALLY ... THESE are my last words on those choosing to leave this site ..

Image
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 896 times in 673 posts

The following user would like to thank lcarreau for this post
mrchad9

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby goldenhopper » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:30 am

Haven't looked at the whole thread so excuse me if I'm repeating, but Truchas left for good reason and to my knowledge (the previous two words used loosely) took with him more pages than anyone who has ever left.

Others have left over the years to save face. Those losses were mostly for the better. You can survive only so long when you make a full time job out of insulting, backstabbing and snitching with your nose high in the air.

I think most just get bored and need a change of pace or don't have the time due to changes in their personal lives.

It should be comforting to all of you that no matter what happens on SP I will have existed on earth. Most can hang their hat on that alone; especially the women... 8)
User Avatar
goldenhopper

 
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:29 pm
Location: La La Land, California, United States
Thanked: 557 times in 391 posts

The following user would like to thank goldenhopper for this post
butitsadryheat

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

Postby Lolli » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:03 pm

:D
Oh, Golden boy, you are one, aren't you? Yes, you've always been nice to women, haven't you?

Marmaduke, even you're joking, there's a grain of truth in what you say, though. Pages are a lot of work, including doing it in the first place! :wink:

It seems inevitable, that those who ought to feel the rebuke doesn't, and those who do feel it, isn't the ones who ought to feel it.
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!
User Avatar
Lolli

 
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Thanked: 108 times in 67 posts

Previous

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.