Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Mont blanc in 2 days (august - september)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
 

Postby Diego Sahagún » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:09 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:But whatever ... Can it be done in 2 days with no probs and if you aren't sick and haven't got summitfever (much more dangerous than swine flu!)


Do what you want sjarelkwint, I've given my recommendation but you seem don't to want to listen. Mont Blanc also can be done in 5-6 hours...

Concerning insurance companies and copters, I don't trust on them. Our federation covers rescues in The Alps only if you pay a lot (131€ + club's fee).

Sources:

http://www.chamonet.com/whats_new_artic ... &id_back=1

http://www.fmm.es/
User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14514
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 584 times in 533 posts

Postby Diego Sahagún » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:34 pm

Where did you find the idea of Mont Blanc in two days :?: Gaston Rébuffat's The Mont Blanc Massif: The 100 Finest Routes book :?: Think that he was so a strong climber...
Last edited by Diego Sahagún on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14514
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 584 times in 533 posts

Postby Diego Sahagún » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Anyway, everything is possible but you'll acclimate better if you climb slow as I said before. Two nights on the mountain before reaching the summit is so advisable
User Avatar
Diego Sahagún

 
Posts: 14514
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:21 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Thanked: 584 times in 533 posts

Postby Luciano136 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:26 pm

Stef, like many said before. Is it possible: yes. Are your chances for success low: I think so.

If you don't get sick, the weather will be the main variable. On a high peak like that, it can change in a matter of hours. If you have flexibility in your days, you can wait it out. If you don't, you know your trip is over. Even if the weather forecast looks good the day before you drive off, it's still not a guarantee.

My take on it. If I have two days, I would choose a peak that can be done in one day. Then you at least have some flexibility.
User Avatar
Luciano136

 
Posts: 3735
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:46 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, California, United States
Thanked: 9 times in 8 posts

Previous

Return to Europe

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.