Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Mt. Rainier Closed? Sad ..

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Re: Mt. Rainier Closed? Sad ..

Postby Shane Rathbun » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:14 am

I personally worked with Margaret over the summer. Although I only knew her for a short-time, she was always a pleasure to work with. My condolences to her family. I hope they find the son of a bitch.
Shane Rathbun

Postby paule » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:24 pm

paule

Postby Marmaduke » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 pm

I didn't see that it mentioned how he died. Does anyone know if it was suicide, exposure or he was shot by law enforcement?
Marmaduke

Postby sharperblue » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:16 pm

This is just so completely senseless; nothing gained, nothing fought for, nothing achieved, only a waste of potential for the one and the shattering of a young family for the other. Let us know if her family needs anything, Shane.
sharperblue

Postby areaume » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:00 am

There is some chatter over at CC.com about creating a memorial fund for her two kids as well as possibly a memorial climb. All great ideas.
areaume

Postby Marmaduke » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:00 am

areaume wrote:There is some chatter over at CC.com about creating a memorial fund for her two kids as well as possibly a memorial climb. All great ideas.

I will write a check for $50 as soon as the details for making the donation are presented. My heart goes out to her family.
Marmaduke

Postby Shane Rathbun » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 am

sharperblue wrote:This is just so completely senseless; nothing gained, nothing fought for, nothing achieved, only a waste of potential for the one and the shattering of a young family for the other. Let us know if her family needs anything, Shane.

I did not know her family, I worked with her a few times on search and rescue operations. She also helped me look into an accelerated EMT course at Ft. Lewis. I only knew her for a short-time but she was always nice and extremely helpful. In otherwords: a good person; something you don't find all that common these days. I just wish they would have caught the fucking bastard alive so he would have to live with what he's done to her family.
Shane Rathbun

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)