Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

New Editor Feedback & Bug Reports

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: New Editor Feedback & Bug Reports

Postby Montana Matt » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Josh Lewis wrote:Not sure if this is possible, but an undo button would really come in handy.

Undo/Redo buttons are added. They won't work for things such as deleting/inserting images or videos, but they will work for any changes made to the text.

Or, if you prefer, you can continue to use Ctrl + Z (undo) and Ctrl + Y (redo) :)
Montana Matt
Site Admin

The following user would like to thank Montana Matt for this post
Josh Lewis

Postby Josh Lewis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Wow! That was quick! How about the swapper I gave you for switching the editor. :wink: Right now you have to sorta look for the link, the version I proposed it's easily there for you.
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
Josh Lewis

Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States

Postby Montana Matt » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Josh Lewis wrote:Wow! That was quick! How about the swapper I gave you for switching the editor.

Been working on upgrading go Google Maps V3 today. Got the GPX pages done and the edit/create object pages done. It's slow going, though because of this browser and the Google Maps V3, I'm slowly starting to get better at Javascript.

Gotta do some other "real" work now. Will be back online later this evening. Would like to finish up the Google Maps V3 upgrade, but will implement the editor "swapper" HTML/CSS that you sent sometime soon.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

The following user would like to thank Montana Matt for this post
Josh Lewis

Postby Scott » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:34 pm

I can figure out why there is a huge space above the last section in my page, or why there is a heading that says "Images":

http://www.summitpost.org/scott-s-wish-list/335481
Scott

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Fixed the spacing issue. The images section comes from the fact that there is an image attached to the object.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Old School WB » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Hello

Recently when trying to create an image page, about 75% of my attempts end in an error; it is becoming annoying. Not sure if it is SP V3 bug, or a temporary problem? Below is an example of the error message. Thank you.

replace_object() INSERT INTO `objects` SET `object_id`=NULL,`type_id`=3,`last_edit`=NOW(),`creation`=NOW(),`last_edit_u
ser_id`='45831',`created_user_id`='45831',`construction`='No',`object_name`=
'Little Elbow Trail Head',`latitude`='50.766220 ',`longitude`='-115.035753',`tags`='Informational',`object_body_nft`='Turn to Little Elbow Recreation Area at end of Highway 66\r\nSouth West Ridge of GR 385256 (\'Little Evan\'), scramble route, November 11, 2010.\r\nOpal Range, Kananaskis Country, Alberta, Canada\r\n',`is_primary_photo_user_set`=0,`query_name`='Little Elbow Trail Head' ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `object_id`=NULL,`type_id`=3,`last_edit`=NOW(),`creation`=NOW(),`last_edit_u
ser_id`='45831',`created_user_id`='45831',`construction`='No',`object_name`=
'Little Elbow Trail Head',`latitude`='50.766220 ',`longitude`='-115.035753',`tags`='Informational',`object_body_nft`='Turn to Little Elbow Recreation Area at end of Highway 66\r\nSouth West Ridge of GR 385256 (\'Little Evan\'), scramble route, November 11, 2010.\r\nOpal Range, Kananaskis Country, Alberta, Canada\r\n',`is_primary_photo_user_set`=0,`query_name`='Little Elbow Trail Head' failed: DB Error: unknown error
Old School WB

Postby Josh Lewis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:38 am

What browser do you use? Version number helps too!
Josh Lewis

Postby Montana Matt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:15 am

Can't see anything wrong with the query. What kind of image are you uploading? What is the size of the image?

If you copy and paste the error to the forum again, can you use the
Code: Select all
[code][/code]
tag so that I can actually copy the query and test it?
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Old School WB » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:03 am

Josh, at work Internet Explorer 8 and at home Sarfari 10 (I think?). I had the problem both at home last night and today at work. I was cut and pasting text into the body section since the photo information was repetitive.
Matt, photo size was big and small, as low as 100 Kb and the most was about 5 M. All photos were JPEG format.

I was able to have string of no issues and upload the photos I wanted. I did stop cut and pasting text, not sure if this was the problem? Not sure if y'all need to worry about it since my photos did eventually upload. I will let you know if this error shows up again.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Cheers
Kevin
Old School WB

Postby Noondueler » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:48 pm

I discovered that when adding one of my images to another page if I type in the whole title of the image exactly from (my images) it often comes up "no query". But if I just type in the first word of the title or a key word in the title it brings up all of my images that contain that word and then I can add the image since it is in that group. I am using google chrome.
Noondueler

Postby Montana Matt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Old School WB wrote:Matt, photo size was big and small, as low as 100 Kb and the most was about 5 M. All photos were JPEG format.

I was able to have string of no issues and upload the photos I wanted. I did stop cut and pasting text, not sure if this was the problem? Not sure if y'all need to worry about it since my photos did eventually upload. I will let you know if this error shows up again.

Please do. I'm sure it will. It could be something to do with an odd character (apostrophe, etc.). I don't know. I took the information from your query and added an image with it and it worked fine, so I'm not sure what happened.
Noondueler wrote:I discovered that when adding one of my images to another page if I type in the whole title of the image exactly from (my images) it often comes up "no query". But if I just type in the first word of the title or a key word in the title it brings up all of my images that contain that word and then I can add the image since it is in that group. I am using google chrome.

Can you give a specific example so I can test? I just tried with a few of my images and they are always returned when doing a search on the exact name of the image.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby mrchad9 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 pm

This is the same Matt, but for example if you member search on 'Vitaliy M.' or 'The Chief' you get no results, but if you search 'Vitaliy' or 'Chief' you get some results. Something a little buggy there.
mrchad9

The following user would like to thank mrchad9 for this post
Montana Matt

Postby Josh Lewis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Chad, are you talking about the global site search? Or the image search when inserting images? I been very aware of the global site search issue with it being extremely literal (this has gone on since SP V2).
Josh Lewis

Postby mrchad9 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:31 pm

I am talking about if you click on 'people' (or anything else) and search for an item.
mrchad9

Postby Josh Lewis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Yup, that would be the global search. :wink: As far as experience tells me, the global search on the right is the same as the one on specific site sections.
Josh Lewis

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback