It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 am

News News of Africa

Site map of Africa » Forum : Africa

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Africa. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Africa Climbing Partners section.

Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, now has Wi-Fi Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, now has Wi-Fi

Crazy but true. Going in October so I will check it out, I expected to have no communication to the outside world for a few days It will be interesting to see how well it works.
https://abc7.com/mount-kilimanjaro-africas-tallest-mountain-highest-peak-mt/12152713/
Read more : Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, now has Wi-Fi | Views : 4105 | Replies : 0

Inaugural launch of a mountain marathon in Mt. Kenya

The county goverment launched a mountain marathon to be held in February 22 in 2020. This marathon is targeting participants and spectators like me who loves to challenge heights and is grouped into 4 different events
Family fun 2 km
Children 6km and 8 km
Elite runners 12km
Read more : Inaugural launch of a mountain marathon in Mt. Kenya | Views : 7627 | Replies : 1

Advice on Kilimanjaro guides

Planning on climbing Kilimanjaro in July, 2019 with about six friends. Does anyone have recent experience with local guides they would suggest?
Read more : Advice on Kilimanjaro guides | Views : 5697 | Replies : 4

Tanzania by standby

Hey I work for United airlines and was curious if anybody has traveled to Tanzania by standby and if it's hard to get on the flights. I should be ok getting to Europe but wasn't sure after that. Thinking about Kilimanjaro next year.
Read more : Tanzania by standby | Views : 9104 | Replies : 1

Climbing Kilimanjaro - to the roof of Africa

GoPro: Climbing Kilimanjaro - To the roof of Africa

A Hiking trip we will never forget!

A while ago, when we just started hiking together, we had a conversation about how flat our country is, and the idea of reaching the peak of a big, well known mountain. In the upfollowing months of good training in surrounding area's, our little fantasy became reality. We booked a trip to Tanzania, where we stayed in Moshi, a ...
Read more : Climbing Kilimanjaro - to the roof of Africa | Views : 4855 | Replies : 0

Vertical AFRICA Expedition

I found a company Vertical Africa on facebook I am considering using to summit Mount Kenya in August.
Any reviews on this company?
Read more : Vertical AFRICA Expedition | Views : 4690 | Replies : 0

Kilimanjaro information

So I am a newbie to everything and anything dealing with climbing a mountain. I am in great shape and looking for a challenge. I ordered books about Kilimanjaro ( which have not arrived yet) and have been doing research on the web. I figured the best way to go about this is to ask the professionals. I need to know everything from when & where to fly to, what company to go through, equipment ...
Read more : Kilimanjaro information | Views : 6267 | Replies : 2

Kilimanjaro - Northern Circuit

Hi,

Could someone recommend a good tour operator that has a Northern circuit tour lined up in the last week of February 2016.

Serengetti Pride sounds good but their dates don't suit me.

Appreciate all the help I could get.

Regards,
Read more : Kilimanjaro - Northern Circuit | Views : 5275 | Replies : 1

What's new in Africa

The highest peak of Jebel el Kest range:
Jebel el Kest (Afa-n-Tmezgadiwine), Jebel el Kest, Morocco

Read more : What's new in Africa | Views : 14331 | Replies : 8

Anyone want to do a Kilimanjaro Trek in June 2016?

Hello friends!

I am looking for a group to do a Killimanjaro Trek in early June 2016 and I was hoping you all could help me find one. Is anyone interested? I am a solo female climber and reluctant to do a climb alone-- I would much rather meet fellow mountaineers!

Thanks,
Anna
Read more : Anyone want to do a Kilimanjaro Trek in June 2016? | Views : 6635 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557931 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136363