It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:07 pm

News News of Africa

Site map of Africa » Forum : Africa

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Africa. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Africa Climbing Partners section.

Mt Stanley, Uganda

Just booked flights to Uganda, and looking to get up Mt. Stanley while I'm there. Wondering if anyone has any recent info on the tour operators, Rwenzori Mountaineering Services (RMS) and the central circuit vs. Rwenzori Trekking Services (RTS) on the Kilembe route? As a guide is required, I've gotta pick one. RMS has had some pretty bad reviews but none I'm seeing that are very recent, so maybe they've improved. RTS is quite a ...
Read more : Mt Stanley, Uganda | Views : 6323 | Replies : 1

Quality Kilimanjaro operators

Hi everyone,

I would like to climb Kilimanjaro next summer (there are two of us). We would like to spend a maximum of £2000 each and would like to spend a minimum of six days on the mountain.

I'm looking for suggestions on good guiding companies that fit these requirements and also possibly good routes to try?

Many thanks
Read more : Quality Kilimanjaro operators | Views : 8257 | Replies : 6

toubkal circuit mid april

Hi there!
I Want to trek the Toubkal circuit next week. Is it possible?
How about the Tizi Likemt is it passable?
Thanks So much!

Ben
Read more : toubkal circuit mid april | Views : 6443 | Replies : 0

Kilimanjaro Trekking In August Rongai Route

We are trekking Kilimanjaro in August around 18th for 8 days. We will be departing from Nairobi and head to Moshi Town for an overnight in Qwine Hotel
Most welcome if interested to join us.
Read more : Kilimanjaro Trekking In August Rongai Route | Views : 5707 | Replies : 0

Kilimanjaro Travel Safari Adventures Ltd

Hi All, I've searched but haven't found a mention... has anyone had experience with Kilimanjaro Travel Safari Adventures Ltd?

Thanks in advance!
Read more : Kilimanjaro Travel Safari Adventures Ltd | Views : 7676 | Replies : 4

Beta/Gear recommendations for Mount Kenya (Nelion std. route

I'm planning an attempt on Mt. Kenya by the Nelion Std route in February. Has anyone here been on the mountain in the last couple of years? I'm interested in any advice or beta (either here, or PM me). In particular, I'm curious as to what sort of snow conditions to expect, as only beta from recent years will likely be relevant. We plan to take crampons and axes with us, but I have no ...
Read more : Beta/Gear recommendations for Mount Kenya (Nelion std. route | Views : 6214 | Replies : 0

Hiking Mt Meru, Tanzania

Hi guys,

We are planning on hiking Mt Meru in October 2014. We are hiking without a tour operator and possibly without porters. What cold/rain gear is needed for that time of year?

We have thermal baselayers (top and bottom), light weight trekking clothes (top and bottom), water and wind proof outershells (top and bottom), light weight fleece tops, thicker fleece tops, gloves, buffs, fleece beanies, gaiters and ponchos, as well as down sleeping bags ...
Read more : Hiking Mt Meru, Tanzania | Views : 6157 | Replies : 0

Zara Tours

Hey all, I know people are always asking about tour operators for Kili. I just finished the Machame 5 day with Zara and have nothing but good things to say about them. They are not top of the line but we ate fine and were very efficient on the mountain. I would go with them again in an instant. Just thought I would share. Scott
Read more : Zara Tours | Views : 10633 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136393