It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 pm

News News of Africa

Site map of Africa » Forum : Africa

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Africa. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Africa Climbing Partners section.

Mt Toubkal in 2/3 days?

Hi there,

I'm planning my next hike and have been looking at Mt Toubkal in Morocco. Does anyone have any experience of this hike and can advise how quickly it can be done?

By the looks of the reviews I have read it's possible to trek the Normal route in 2-3 overall from Marrakech by
Day1 : cab from Marrakesh to Imlil, hike 6-8hrs to the Neltner Hut
Day2 : early start and summit late ...
Read more : Mt Toubkal in 2/3 days? | Views : 10251 | Replies : 2

Climb Mount Toubkal

Hi all,

I am planning to trek to Mount Toubkal and am seeking some advice on a suitabe guide or guiding company. I have emailed various companies I found on the web but have not had a reply from anyone....can anyone help me? thanks in advance....JOHN
Read more : Climb Mount Toubkal | Views : 9673 | Replies : 2

Climbing the famous peaks or the smaller unexplored ones?

In May we are off to cross on foot the island of Madagascar in 21 days. We are really looking forward to taking on the Island's tallest peak Maromokotro (2,876m).

Maromokotro is situated in the Tsaratanana Massif in the north of Madagascar. Although the massif is not at a hugely impressive altitude, it is an extremely isolated region where very few people have established settlements.

What do people thing about taking on these much lesser ...
Read more : Climbing the famous peaks or the smaller unexplored ones? | Views : 13059 | Replies : 8

Kili summit trip advice/group

I am planning to summit Kili in either late June or early September of this year. This will be my first trip up Kili, and I have not yet made plans with a guide service. Nor do I have a group - I'll be going over there by myself, but I'd love to join on with a group going during the same time frame - so let me know if you've got room for a ...
Read more : Kili summit trip advice/group | Views : 10597 | Replies : 4

Kilimanjaro summit video

Hey,

Just registered here, thought i'd share a recent video of my trip up Kilimanjaro incase any of you were interested. It's a bit shakey in places but theres a good shot of Sunrise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuVAQgfI1aQ

If anyone is going up Kili anytime soon and wants to know any details just ask in here.
Read more : Kilimanjaro summit video | Views : 11847 | Replies : 8

Morocco/Southeast of Toubkal

I'm going to be traveling in Morocco in late April and may get a free day in the vicinity of Agouim (on the Marrakesh-Ouarzazate road just south of Tizi n Tichka). On maps and aerial photos it looks feasible to make a fast ascent up the south side of Taska n-Zat from area of Sour and Souk El-Had Tidili, which are on that little road (paved, I think) that runs west from Agouim and goes ...
Read more : Morocco/Southeast of Toubkal | Views : 9373 | Replies : 2

Kilimanjaro with the Michael J. Fox Foundation

Teamfox, the community fundraising arm of the Michael J. Fox Foundation, is organizing a trip to the top of Africa. Join fellow climbers of all experience levels, who share a love of the outdoors and the urge to do something good for the world. Visit http://www2.michaeljfox.org/site/TR?fr_id=1180&pg=entry to learn more about the trip and to sign up!

The Michael J. Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease through an aggressively funded research ...
Read more : Kilimanjaro with the Michael J. Fox Foundation | Views : 9565 | Replies : 4

Good Meru / Kilimanjaro Guiding Company Needed

Well I've got a plane ticket for Ecuador for March but I've been there so many times that I'm thinking about heading to Africa instead ? Does anyone have some somewhat current input on guiding companies. Cheaper is better always. I appreciate any help that you can give me from your experiences.
Read more : Good Meru / Kilimanjaro Guiding Company Needed | Views : 28875 | Replies : 19

Kilimanjaro's Best Alpine Style Route?

I will be doing Kilimanjaro first week in May alpine style, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which route is their favorite. I would like to stay away from the machame route, for the climb up, do to the over crowding that that route seems to have... plus more then likely I will see it on the way down.

Also if anyone is going to be there at that time, I ...
Read more : Kilimanjaro's Best Alpine Style Route? | Views : 25321 | Replies : 15

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557928 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136356