It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 pm

News News of Africa

Site map of Africa » Forum : Africa

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Africa. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Africa Climbing Partners section.

Kili Late March

I am going to get a climb of Kili done beforeDenali this year and looking for anyone that wants to go! The price drops per trekker. Send me a pm if interested. I am looking at a 6 day Machame at about $1500+\-
Read more : Kili Late March | Views : 8352 | Replies : 0

Good trekking/Safari Company in Kenya

Just got back from Kenya and would recommend Mount Safari's Adventure http://www.mountsafaris.com
I booked everything with Jeremiah and he helped customize my trip and was extremely flexible.
We went up mt kenya on the chogoria/sirimon route and for the safari we did 3 days in Masa mara,
3 days was just enough and we saw almost every animal.
Everyone with the company was very professional and I highly recommend ...
Read more : Good trekking/Safari Company in Kenya | Views : 9399 | Replies : 3

Konigstein, Brandberg, Namibia

Has anyone climbed to the highest point in Namibia, the Konigstein on the Brandberg? Can you offer a little beta, distances, trail conditions where there is one. Would it be to hot to climb in January? Can I do it in a day? Any more info....thanks
Read more : Konigstein, Brandberg, Namibia | Views : 8636 | Replies : 0

JBEL TOUBKAL

(projecto toubkal 2011)
its the name of the expedition to try to climb the toubkal .
its my 2nd time in the mountain but this time i share the adventure with my wife and another couple .
hope the weather helps and we get to the summit.
there anyone else here goes to those sides in the first week of October?

jardinas
Read more : JBEL TOUBKAL | Views : 7361 | Replies : 0

Margherita Peak, Mt Stanley, Rwenzori Mountains of the Moon

I'm planning to trek the Mountains of the Moon at the end of July and make a bid on Mt Stanley's Margherita Peak. Anyone been up there recently and can comment on it? What's the condition of the glacier? What would you rate the rock pitches up to the summit? Any advice on how to make the slog through the bog less miserable? Recommended guides? Many thanks for your insights.
Read more : Margherita Peak, Mt Stanley, Rwenzori Mountains of the Moon | Views : 10638 | Replies : 2

Heim Glacier

Anyone been up it lately?
Read more : Heim Glacier | Views : 7336 | Replies : 2

Kilimanjaro Gear Question

I will be on the Machame route next month and am wondering if Gore-Tex pants and glacier glasses are needed? I will be taking my soft shell pants and also Marmot Pre-Cip pants so do I also need Gore-Tex?

Thanks
Read more : Kilimanjaro Gear Question | Views : 12161 | Replies : 5

Climbingpartner wanted for Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya (technic

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to climb Kilimanjaro (maybe Mt Meru as acc climb before) and Mt Kenya (Batian route/technical) september 2011, and I'm looking for a climbingpartner or costsharing.

Plan

I'm comming to Kenya for 20-22 day trip where im looking to do Mt. Meru, Kilimanjaro, and Mt Kenya (technical)

Mt Meru
- My plan was to use it as acclimatize climb - can be skipped :D ...
Read more : Climbingpartner wanted for Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya (technic | Views : 6393 | Replies : 0

Mt. Kenya Techy Climbs

Hey there,
Are there any guide books that describe technical rock routes on Mt. Kenya or will I have to search trip reports etc.? Just doing some prelim research on the subject.
Thanks,
Matt
Read more : Mt. Kenya Techy Climbs | Views : 7633 | Replies : 2

Seeking Cultural Insight

My climbing partner and I have booked our tickets to Kenya and are now arranging for a trek up Mt. Kenya.

Through a recommendation of a Sumitpost member I have received a quote from the company he used. I think that the price is perfectly fair and reasonable. However, my climbing partner thinks that it is outrageous, despite being the cheapest of any of the companies we asked. I would like to change his point ...
Read more : Seeking Cultural Insight | Views : 8692 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369