It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 am

News News of Africa

Site map of Africa » Forum : Africa

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Africa. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Africa Climbing Partners section.

Kilimanjaro Solo

I have read a lot of different infomation about climbing Kilimanjaro. Some say you have to climb it with a porter/guide, some say you can climb it without. I have climbed a few major peaks without a guide and would love to climb Kilimanjaro solo. Is this possible?
Thank you
Read more : Kilimanjaro Solo | Views : 15518 | Replies : 4

N Face of Kenya info?

I have a bunch of frequent flyer mileage and vacation banked and am planning a trip to Kenya and Madagascar starting in Sept. I'm looking for logistical tips for the N Face of Mt Kenya. I have the Burns guidebook and Wielochowski map. I'm not interested in hiring a guide so no guide spam please. Thanks in advance.
Read more : N Face of Kenya info? | Views : 13986 | Replies : 8

Kilimanjaro Charity Event

Please contact us for more information in this Charity Event. All detailed info. will be provided to you including prices. Contact Teri at africanbros2005@yahoo.com

Climb Kilimanjaro and help to educate a child in school for a year. The Event will take place in Tanzania East Africa August 2011 Itinerary below

Dear Friends,
Please join us in this Great Event to Kilimanjaro to raise funds for children’s education. This will be ...
Read more : Kilimanjaro Charity Event | Views : 4525 | Replies : 0

Kilimanjaro gas canisters and crampons question

1) Where can I find gas canisters for my gas stove in Moshi?
2) Do I need crampons for Kilimanjaro and Meru (I'm climbing via Machame route in Februari).
Read more : Kilimanjaro gas canisters and crampons question | Views : 30942 | Replies : 25

Mount Kenya sometime between 6/24/10 - 7/6/10

I'm going to be in Kenya during this time frame and I'm thinking about climbing Batian, the main summit of Mt. Kenya sometime during this time frame. My normal adventure buddy isn't able to go on this trip. Does anyone want to join me? I was thinking about doing it though this company:

kenyaexpeditions.com/rockclimbing.htm

Any suggestions/comments anyone has would be welcome also.

Eric
Read more : Mount Kenya sometime between 6/24/10 - 7/6/10 | Views : 5194 | Replies : 3

Kilimanjaro 2011

Anyone climbing Kilimanjaro in 2011? I'll be there from the 5th until the 20th of February, climbing Meru and Kilimanjaro.
Read more : Kilimanjaro 2011 | Views : 8320 | Replies : 8

Toubkal in winter

Hi,
Am going to be in Morocco in January and was hoping to climb Toubkal. Was trying to arrange this with a UK based tour operator but for various reasons this dosen't look like it will work out. Does anyone know of a reliable local tour operator and if it is possible to hire crampons and ice pick locally? Thanks.
Read more : Toubkal in winter | Views : 14991 | Replies : 9

Recommendations for Drakensberg

Does anyone have tipps or recommendations for hiking in the Drakensberg Area (South Africa/Lesotho) - we'll be there in Jan 11. Thanks
Read more : Recommendations for Drakensberg | Views : 4526 | Replies : 2

Insurance for Kilimanjaro?

I'm heading up Kilimanjaro in 10 days time. Any advice on good insurance providers, particularly for high-altitude incidents? Thanks!
Read more : Insurance for Kilimanjaro? | Views : 7412 | Replies : 3

Best Mountainerering in Africa

I'm in Juba, Southern Sudan, for an indefinite period of time. I'm heading up Kilimanjaro in November, but what's next? What are the best hikes, treks and climbs on the continent? Mt Kenya, Rwenzori, Elgon, Meru, others?
Read more : Best Mountainerering in Africa | Views : 7478 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136397