It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 am

News News of Africa

Site map of Africa » Forum : Africa

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Africa. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Africa Climbing Partners section.

Trekking in Ethiopia's Simien Mountains

I've been lucky enough to hike around in the Simien Mountains on several occasions as well as climb Ras Dashen, Ethiopia's highest peak, twice. I wanted to recommend http://www.habeshaadventures.com to you guys as a great way to get to Ethiopia, learn about the culture, volunteer, and of course do some epic trekking.
Read more : Trekking in Ethiopia's Simien Mountains | Views : 5315 | Replies : 2

Mt. Kenya seasons

First, a pre-emptive thanks to any experts on African mountaineering. It seems most questions here have to do with Kiliminjaro, this'll expand the discussion a bit. I'm looking for a little more detail on seasonal weather conditions on Mt. Kenya. My wife and I are free in November and looking to visit Kenya and the technical routes on Nelion and/or Batian. Conventional, readily available summaries of mountain conditions indicate that November is a rainy season, ...
Read more : Mt. Kenya seasons | Views : 5760 | Replies : 2

Mt Margherita closed

The ice cap on Mt Margherita (Mt Stanley massif) has split causing a 20ft wide crevasse on the main climbing route. The route is closed now while a new route is being made.

Source.
Read more : Mt Margherita closed | Views : 3070 | Replies : 0

Charity Event / Kilimanjaro

Climb Kilimanjaro and help to educate a child in school for a year
The Event will take place in Tanzania East Africa september 2010

Dear Friends,

Please join us in this Great Event to Kilimanjaro to raise funds for children’s education. This will be the most rewarding and unforgettable journey of your life and a wonderful oprtunity to make a difference in life of a child in desperate need in Karatu village. ...
Read more : Charity Event / Kilimanjaro | Views : 2788 | Replies : 0

crater camp

Having trouble finding crater camp outfitter. I have read crater camp is being closed but would very much like to camp at the crater before this happens. I have camped at almost 20,000 on Aconcagua so I know what is envolved. Does anyone have any suggestions on a guide service. I would not mind approaching by the Western Breach or the other route which is the Barafu and then down to crater. Any help or ...
Read more : crater camp | Views : 4121 | Replies : 4

Nairobi Arusha Moshi shuttle bus services

I was wondering if you can advise how you know marangu luxury shuttles( marangu shuttles) www.marangushuttles.com :? I find them great!

I would love to make them transfer my groups from kenya to Tanzania and back.
thank you.

Adventure and cultures
info@adventurecultures.com
Read more : Nairobi Arusha Moshi shuttle bus services | Views : 2172 | Replies : 0

Kili in April....How rainy?

It's all booked for the first week of april this year. How much rain should I be expecting?
Read more : Kili in April....How rainy? | Views : 3249 | Replies : 0

Kilimanjaro July 11th

Hello,
I am looking to know if there are people here who are going to be climbing Kilimanjaro around July 11th...
I am going to be attempting it around that date and would be cool to get together and hire a guide or a tour operator together to make it more cost efficient.

Please let me know!

rmodelli@comcast.net

thank you

rubens
Read more : Kilimanjaro July 11th | Views : 4979 | Replies : 4

The Theban Mountain. Also known as El-Quorn

Having just returned from a short trip to Luxor in Egypt I managed to escape the crazy downtown live and take a short climb up the above hill. It was not too strenuous, but was extremely hot work.

I am wondering if anyone can provide me with some data on this hill, in particular its height.

Thanks.

Munroitis :?:
Read more : The Theban Mountain. Also known as El-Quorn | Views : 2083 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557931 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136363