It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:55 am

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Climb Carstensz Pyramid

I climbed the top of Carstensz 54 times with the international team as a guide. together with some experienced guides we create our own company manadoexplorer.com, if you are interested in using our services, please contact us.
We have a schedule this year in 1 - 10 September, 1 - 10 October, 1 - 10 November .
Read more : Climb Carstensz Pyramid | Views : 2075 | Replies : 0

Best Mountains to Climb in Southeast Asia Best Mountains to Climb in Southeast Asia

Hello!

I'm building a website about climbing mountains in Southeast Asia - a different experience to most of the mountains on this site.

In your opinion, which mountains offer the best climbing experience in Southeast Asia?

I'm particularly short of good climbs in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar. Out of those countries I only have Doi Inthanon, Doi Chiang Dao, Mount Aural, and Mount Popa.

My website is summits.com in case you're interested. ...
Read more : Best Mountains to Climb in Southeast Asia | Views : 2614 | Replies : 0

Some help and ideas

Hello

I am looking for some guidance on a trip itinerary appropriate for my skill level.

I want to fly to katmandu, nepal and get out to do some trekking and climbing.

I have some experience with high altitude climbs which required mild to moderatley technical with a guide.

I would like to maybe do everest basecamp. I also would like to do a summit.. 1 to 3 days.nothing overly technical and not too expensive. ...
Read more : Some help and ideas | Views : 5161 | Replies : 3

Map Sources ?

Hello,

I have been looking at all the map and bookstore sites, both here in the U.S., and also in Asia trying to find
sources for the following maps.
Want to purchase the typical (perhaps 1:100 000) folded paper maps of:

Kanchanjanga
Lhotse
Makalu
Cho Oyo
And several in the Karakoram region:
Gasherbrun I and II

Hard to believe, but I just can't find any source for.
Quite a few are available as "Trekking Maps" ...
Read more : Map Sources ? | Views : 3228 | Replies : 0

Icefall climing in Shuangqiao Valley, China

Icefall climbing in Shuangqiao Valley, Mt.Siguniang/Four Girls Mountain, Sicuan, China. It is world-class icefall climbing place duirng winter December to Feb, there are over 30 icefall with grade from WI3- WI6. Local village guesthouse in the valley, provide the lodge and breakfast and dinner(100-160 CNY/ day), just bring your gear and equipment and some money. Shuangqiao Valley is a tourist venue charges 150CNY per first three days then extra day per 30 CNY.

If anyone ...
Read more : Icefall climing in Shuangqiao Valley, China | Views : 2940 | Replies : 1

Everest Expeditions 2019 - Recommendations

Anyone have a recommendation for an expedition/outfit to go with on the North side of Everest in 2019?

Thank you!
Read more : Everest Expeditions 2019 - Recommendations | Views : 2748 | Replies : 0

Cho La Pass, Himalayas, Nepal

Hi. I'm planning a trek in Himalayas in November and was trying to get a little off the completely beaten path of EBC trek. I am looking at Gokyo Lakes trek, including going over Cho La pass. Has anyone gone over that pass? Any feedback on level of difficulty?

Thanks.
Read more : Cho La Pass, Himalayas, Nepal | Views : 4138 | Replies : 3

Yunnan Province, China Peaks

OK, forgive the newbie. I am looking at taking my family to Sichuan/Yunnan China next June. We are not serious climbers, but we are looking to push our family record for highest peak bagged (would need to be 14,500 feet or higher). Any suggestions of any non-technical climbs we could do?

We are 18 and older, family of five, and very experienced backpackers.

Any suggestions deeply appreciated.
Read more : Yunnan Province, China Peaks | Views : 3678 | Replies : 2

Trus Madi, Malaysian Borneo

Hi everyone

I am heading out to walk up the legendary Mount Kinabalu in Malaysian Borneo in the near future. While I'm there, I want to also bag Trus Madi. Most of it seems simple enough, I just can't find how to get to the mountain and if the mountain guide fee is a fee for the guide being on the mountain, or if it is a fee for the park to provide a guide ...
Read more : Trus Madi, Malaysian Borneo | Views : 2626 | Replies : 0

Climb Stok Kangri (Indian Himalayas) on october 6th

Hi,
I recently joined an open group (which I am the only member for now) for climbing Stok Kangri in Indian Himalayas from october 6th to october 13th with an indian expedition company: http://www.himalayanhigh.in.

It would be nice if more people joined the expedition! It's quite a high peak (6153m) but no technical skills are required. I'm doing this to finish a 5-week trip in India (my girlfriend doesn't have ...
Read more : Climb Stok Kangri (Indian Himalayas) on october 6th | Views : 3243 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136294