It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

First Afghan Woman to Summit Noshaq 24,580 ft highest in Afg

BREAKING NEWS!!! Members of the Ascend team made an attempt on Mt. Noshaq, the highest peak in Afghanistan, and succeeded in having the first Afghan woman reach the summit!

Standing at 24,580 ft. in the Hindu Kush, Noshaq had never before been climbed by an Afghan woman. (For reference, Mt. Everest is 29,000 ft!)
This has been a summit Ascend has been dreaming of and striving toward since its inception 3 years ago. We are ...
Read more : First Afghan Woman to Summit Noshaq 24,580 ft highest in Afg | Views : 2644 | Replies : 0

Mountain Hut Booking on Mt Fuji - advice Mountain Hut Booking on Mt Fuji - advice

Morning all, newb posting!

I'm heading to Japan in a month and preparing to climb Fuji during the last days of the trip. In all the research I've done, I haven't figured out how the mountain huts work. Do you call ahead and book same day? Several days ahead? Can you pay over the phone or does it have to be cash? I'll be there in peak climbing season, around mid-July ...
Read more : Mountain Hut Booking on Mt Fuji - advice | Views : 2721 | Replies : 0

Highest mountain in Arctic Russia

Hi
I'm trying to find out the highest mountain in Arctic Russia (above the 66.6 line of latitude). Its not as easy as just googling it! I think its mount Kamen at 1,701m. Can anyone confirm this an know if its been climbed? Many thanks
Read more : Highest mountain in Arctic Russia | Views : 3717 | Replies : 3

Climbing Fuji-san in May?

Weather permitting, I'm considering climbing Fuji-san in mid-May. I know that's outside the normal climbing season (July to mid-Sept), but it's not dead of winter either. I've been up Rainier (2x) and Pico de Orizaba... so this would not be my first time on snow & ice. Obviously, I'd utilize crampons, ice axe, helmet, and winter gear.

I found this link which has helpful info:
https://www.garyjwolff.com/climbing-mt-fuji.html#2

Sounds like 3 ...
Read more : Climbing Fuji-san in May? | Views : 4741 | Replies : 4

Happy new year 2018 from Kyrgyzstan

Welcome Kyrgyzstan, this year is the best year to climb Lenin Peak, their 90th Anniversary of first ascent , September 26 - 1928

Let's go and see our wonderful country

Happy new year

http://www.summitpost.org/happy-new-yea ... an/1013109
Read more : Happy new year 2018 from Kyrgyzstan | Views : 3120 | Replies : 0

Mount Frey, Sikkim.. Climbing Routes??

Hi people!

Was wondering if any of you inspiring people have gone up on Mount Frey, Sikkim?
If so would appreciate if you can share the beta as I am hoping to give it a go alpine style in May 2018.

Thanks alot!
Cheers!
Read more : Mount Frey, Sikkim.. Climbing Routes?? | Views : 3842 | Replies : 1

Nepal Floods

Nepal is one of my favorite places to visit. The people I have met there have an admirable toughness, but are still kind and friendly. I know that we have our own problems in this country, but we also have more resourced to cope with them.

If you can find it in your hearts, please find a reputable charity (so to avoid making this sound like a spam post, I will let you find your ...
Read more : Nepal Floods | Views : 3188 | Replies : 0

Guide book : Mountaineering Regions in Kyrgyzstan

Hello Everybody

Vladimir Komissarov and me, freely edit an Alpine guidebook of Kyrgyzstan since 2011, This is the last release where you can freely download it in English and French as well, further more I put several litterature about mountains in Kyrgyzstan :

Liens sur / Links on Google docs (Guide de l'Alpinisme au Kirghizstan, Mountaineering Regions of Kyrgyzstan)
*************************************************************************************************************

version française : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2-VwKV ... sp=sharing

english release : ...
Read more : Guide book : Mountaineering Regions in Kyrgyzstan | Views : 6155 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136367