It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 am

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Pik Lenin Routes

Just wondering if anyone has any credible information about routes up Pik Lenin?
Are there any decent alternatives to the Razdelnaya Route, that have decent route information and info?
Not looking for anything too tech, just another "safe" climbing route that might have less avalanche risks etc.
Any one who has climbed it got any info?
Thanks in advance!
Read more : Pik Lenin Routes | Views : 4491 | Replies : 2

Angel Sar Pakistan (left of K2) any ascents.

I wonder if the good folks here at Summit Post know if anyone has ever summited Angel Sar 6,858 m in Pakistan. This is the rather sultry pyramid shaped peak next to K2.
I can't find anything online.

the.jpg
Read more : Angel Sar Pakistan (left of K2) any ascents. | Views : 6083 | Replies : 3

Local Agency in Kathmandu - Mera/Island Peak

Can anyone please recommend a local agency that they've used for Mera or Island Peak? I'm not looking for 5* services that require selling my kidney. ( ex jagged-globe). Thank you.

ps: Has anyone used Nepal Trekking Tourism & Adventure P Ltd ?
Read more : Local Agency in Kathmandu - Mera/Island Peak | Views : 4076 | Replies : 0

Manaslu Trek - Need photos of Panbari

Have you trekked the Manaslu Circuit? I'm looking for unpublished pictures of Panbari, most notably the south face. I have all of the photos from Summit Post and everywhere else on the web.

If you were around Bimthang and have any good pictures, please let me know!

Thanks.
Read more : Manaslu Trek - Need photos of Panbari | Views : 3684 | Replies : 0

Ice Climbing/Skiing Northern India

Does anyone have any experience/advice/information about ice climbing and skiing in Northern India? I'm going to be there for most of March, I haven't been able to find a great deal of information online. Any information/pointers much appreciated. If anyone is also going to be there please give me a shout.

Cheers,
Martin
Read more : Ice Climbing/Skiing Northern India | Views : 3684 | Replies : 0

Mount Tai (China)

My family will be in Shanghai, China in May 2017. Has anyone been to Mount Tai (near Tsing Tao city). Curious if anyone has info on trails, climbs or lodging in this area. Is the weather OK for climbing in May.
Thanks for any response!
Scott
Read more : Mount Tai (China) | Views : 5287 | Replies : 3

Peaks in Japan in early/mid April?

Hi,
I'll be in Japan around early-mid April. I have a few questions on typical conditions around that time:

(1) How accessible are the Japanese Alps at this time of year? Yariga-take is the peak that most caught my eye.

Where would snow line typically begin? Are axe/crampons sufficient, or are snowshoes likely to still be needed?
If that peak isn't reasonable as a (long) dayhike, are there other peaks in that area that are ...
Read more : Peaks in Japan in early/mid April? | Views : 3711 | Replies : 0

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2017 - ITMC Kyrgyzstan

All the Team of ITMC Kyrgyzstan wishes members of SummitPost a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year 2017

Jety-Oguz Valley in Winter - Terskey Ala-Too

Icefall on Barskaun Gorge - Terskey Ala-Too

Issyk-Ata Valley in Winter- Kyrgyz Ala-Too

ITMC Kyrgyztan

www.itmc.centralasia.kg
www.kac.centralasia.kg
Read more : Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2017 - ITMC Kyrgyzstan | Views : 4683 | Replies : 1

Mountaineering regions of Kyrgyzstan release december 2016

Mountaineering regions of Kyrgyzstan release december 2016

I guys

It's a pleasure for me to announce a major new release 2016 of the Mountaineering Guide of Kyrgyzstan, it includes as much range of Kyrgyzstan Mountains as possible. This work has been made by Vladimir Komissarov and I from 2011 and still in evolution since. Now more than 380 pages, with photos and orographic schemes.

Where to find it (free, all stuffs about Mountaineering in Kyrgyzstan) ...
Read more : Mountaineering regions of Kyrgyzstan release december 2016 | Views : 4252 | Replies : 0

Gasherbrum 2 Pakistan

New to this site but figured some people would be interested in our write up of our climb up Gasherbum 2 this last summer. I posted it on the Gasherbum 2 page but I guess people aren't seeing it. Link here: http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=17334
Read more : Gasherbrum 2 Pakistan | Views : 4864 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369