It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:33 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

direct public bus between Kashgar and Gilgit Pakistan

Dear Freinds:
On June 15 the first direct public bus between Gilgit and Kashgar was open.
2 buses with 31 passengers started from Gilgit for Kashgar, on the same time 1 bus started from Kashgar for Gilgit.
The whole disstance is 700km and it will take 14 hours to cover it.
From the day on there are pbulice buses leaving for the other city every day.

The ticket cost about 40USD.
It is good new ...
Read more : direct public bus between Kashgar and Gilgit Pakistan | Views : 6689 | Replies : 1

Buy gas and mountain maps in Kashgar

Dear Friends:
Some climbers are trying to bring gas to Kashgar,but they were stopped at the Airport,railway station or bus station.In China it is not allowed to transfer gas in public vehicles.
You can buy it in Kashgar.
There are enough gas with the weight of 230g in my storage. One cartridge only costs 5 Euro. I may give you the stove for free.

PLease contact me if you need it.
You can't bring it ...
Read more : Buy gas and mountain maps in Kashgar | Views : 842 | Replies : 0

China and Gas

Just had a full case of gas confiscated by the Chinese on trying to board the Urumqi-Kashgar train on the grounds that they might explode. I wasn't a aware that cabin pressures were likely to change that much during the journey!!
Read more : China and Gas | Views : 1958 | Replies : 1

Gilgit Kashghar bus service

Salut Mes amis,

The first bus to leave for Kashghar today from Gilgit.
This'd boost the tourism in the northern mountainous regions of Pakistan as well as facilitating the travellers on the both sides, Pakistan and China.

In addition, there's NATCO bus service from Mastuj to Gilgit, 12 to 14 hrs.
Mastuj's located at the distance of 100 Km from Chitral town, 4 hrs by car and Tourist garden (Guest house with resturant) offers a ...
Read more : Gilgit Kashghar bus service | Views : 2185 | Replies : 3

Climb Muztagh ata in July and August

Hi:

I have some cofirmed small groups to Muztagh ata in July and August. You may join to any of them to share the cost if you are individulas or in a small group.
My office is in Kashgar. There are various mountain maps for sale.
climbing@xj.cninfo.net
Http: www.muztaghata.com
Read more : Climb Muztagh ata in July and August | Views : 1092 | Replies : 1

Climb Muztagh ata in July and August

Hi:

I have some cofirmed small groups to Muztagh ata in July and August. You may join to any of them to share the cost if you are individulas or in a small group.
My office is in Kashgar. There are various mountain maps for sale.
climbing@xj.cninfo.net
Http: www.muztaghata.com
Read more : Climb Muztagh ata in July and August | Views : 756 | Replies : 0

Chinese Mountain maps may found in Kashgar

Hi:
Mountain maps are very important for climbing in China. You may find them in Kashgar Xinjiang China.

There are mountain maps:
Size: 520 X 740, Contours: 40
1. the Everest, scale: 1:100 000
2. K2, scale: 1:100 000
3. Xixabangma( in Tibet) ,scale: 1:100 000
4. Muztagh ata and Kongur. scale: 1:100 000
5. Kangriboqe(in Tibet), scale: 1:100 000
6. Naimona' Nyi(7694m in Tibet), scale: 1:100 000
7. Noijinkangsang(7206m in Tibet),scale: 1:50 000
8. ...
Read more : Chinese Mountain maps may found in Kashgar | Views : 926 | Replies : 0

Everest spirit

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (May 25) - Mount Everest pioneer Sir Edmund Hillary said Wednesday he was shocked that dozens of climbers left a British mountaineer to die during their own attempts on the world's tallest peak.

David Sharp, 34, died apparently of oxygen deficiency while descending from the summit during a solo climb last week.

More than 40 climbers are thought to have seen him as he lay dying, and almost all continued to the ...
Read more : Everest spirit | Views : 1387 | Replies : 1

Climbing in China forum

A climber planning a trip to or arriving in China is faced with two problems: a huge country with a huge deficit of centralized information on climbing available in English. There are some websites, there are some forums where one can gather information from but finding these is a daunting task and invariably, the lucky ones, arrive for a week or two in Yangshuo.

It is true that Yangshuo might seem the capital of sport ...
Read more : Climbing in China forum | Views : 1471 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398