It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:56 pm

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

lost trekking pole on Mt Goode

I left one Black Diamond trekking pole near the summit of Mt Goode this weekend. My guess is that it's on the SE side, just below some of the rocks leading to the summit block. If anyone is up there and finds it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Read more : lost trekking pole on Mt Goode | Views : 843 | Replies : 0

Stolen Gear For Sale(??)

If you are missing a full set of Trango's, Metolius TCU's(00-red+ doubles& O-sets)some newer range finder, Link #2, BD gen 3 #4, Gri-Gri, Peanuts(anodized), BD nuts, Hexes(wired), & a whole lot of other misc.(all gear has obvious aid wear) + beal 10.2x60 blue email thru this site or post on this thread.
Location probably eastside. I will double post on SP, feel free to spread it all climbing sites. I hope the owner gets it ...
Read more : Stolen Gear For Sale(??) | Views : 1560 | Replies : 4

Old Army Pass or New Army Pass?

In September 2006, I hiked to Mt. Langley via Old Army Pass. This year, I'm going much earlier in the season (June 19-20). What's the standard route at this time of year? I've heard different opinions about which of the two routes is better. Our group will be staying at Cottonwood Lakes on June 19, with a summit attempt on June 20.
Read more : Old Army Pass or New Army Pass? | Views : 26534 | Replies : 35

San Diego visit

So the wife wants me to tag along while she goes to a conference in San Diego in mid August for a few days. Never been. Any good day hikes/scrambles or other adventures I can do in driving distance from hotel downtown? Might rent a kayak. Oh, need a couple good restaurants to take her to at night.
Read more : San Diego visit | Views : 1320 | Replies : 3

Middle Palisade

Hi,

Thinking of climbing middle palisade this week. Wondering if anyone has any recent info regarding conditions there. A friend and I have a permit for Whitney's main trail, but been there done that, so we were looking for something other than Whitney or Langley. Ranger says Glacier Lodge Road is open all the way to the South Fork trailhead, but predicted snow up at Brainerd and Finger Lakes.

We're pretty much Class 3 climbers. ...
Read more : Middle Palisade | Views : 1599 | Replies : 2

San Jacinto from Humber Trip Report 5/30

If you want to know more about the conditions PM me

http://thehamm.net/2010/05/san-jacinto-peak-and-jean-peak/
Read more : San Jacinto from Humber Trip Report 5/30 | Views : 630 | Replies : 0

Lone Pine Peak N ridge solo TR

Yep, it's not a big deal for most, but it certainly was for me! I had to write this to digest the experience... the SP trip report is at http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=625225.
Read more : Lone Pine Peak N ridge solo TR | Views : 1312 | Replies : 3

Found: Lone Pine Peak N ridge shoes

Salomon, blueish trainers. BUT not returned... left them in a prominent place at the notch before the headwall because I thought the headwall was the third tower and that I was running late.
Read more : Found: Lone Pine Peak N ridge shoes | Views : 794 | Replies : 0

Lewis's Photo: "Our Peak"

Film tag reads:

"31 08 13.4 V (infinity sign)
f15 t 1/25
"our" peak
from moraine
about 8:30 am"

Guess?
Read more : Lewis's Photo: "Our Peak" | Views : 1458 | Replies : 4

Alpine Rock Trip?

Planning an alpine rock trip to the sierras. Looking for suggestions for easy/moderate 5th class climbs, up to 5.6 or 7.
Thinking of starting with NE Ridge of Bear Creek Spire, then, West Ridge of Mt. Conness.
Any other suggestions? We are somewhat limited for time so I'd like to avoid long approaches.
Thanks!
Read more : Alpine Rock Trip? | Views : 4766 | Replies : 33

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136395