It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Anyone want to climb Whitney?

My climbing partner bailed on me for a climb this weekend. If anyone wants to join me on a climb, hit me up for some more info. Right now it is a day climb set for Sunday (Start Saturday night). Though most likely be able to score a multi day pass once we get there. I was going to drive up Friday after work, camp out at ranger station and try to score a multi ...
Read more : Anyone want to climb Whitney? | Views : 1416 | Replies : 0

White Mountain (CA) road conditions

Rangers say the road still has a good amount of snow, can anyone confirm? Looking to get some pre-acclimitization mountain biking/camping in :D
Read more : White Mountain (CA) road conditions | Views : 3407 | Replies : 5

Evolution Region Photos?

We are thinking about heading into Mendel. Anyone been into the evolution region and can share photos or insights? Concerned about snow up high where there is normally bare rock esp on north aspects.
Read more : Evolution Region Photos? | Views : 1862 | Replies : 8

North Lake Opening?

Anyone have an idea of when the road to the TH at North Lake will be open? Hoping to get some time in the hills mid-next week. If not, any suggestions of some short approach easy alpine rock? Thanks
Read more : North Lake Opening? | Views : 755 | Replies : 2

cheaper transportation

I need to get to mammoth lakes, ca. I live in chicago, and was thinking about taking a flight to the area and renting a car because I have too little time to ride the train. Renting car = crazy expensive!!! And it would sit for the 8 days of my trip. Any advice on getting to Mammoth Lakes as cheaply as possible? And what airport would be best? THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Read more : cheaper transportation | Views : 716 | Replies : 5

SEKI West Side Conditions

Anyone been out to the west side of Kings Canyon or Sequoia in the last week or so? Thinking of going this weekend- at the last minute as usual. Might head out to Road's End, but it just opened a week ago, so perhaps a long shot that someone's been there.

Anywhere else in the area might be close enough- where's consistent snow coverage, conditions, etc...
Thanks
Read more : SEKI West Side Conditions | Views : 3386 | Replies : 8

Lake Ediza

Anyone been back there recently? What is the snow like?
Read more : Lake Ediza | Views : 1420 | Replies : 2

Sierra snow couloirs

Trying to get some ideas. Getting the wife more comfortable on steep snow. She does NOT like ice, so I'm looking for some good snow couloirs. We recently did Thor SE couloir, which was perfect. Another one on the list is Dade hourglass. Any other suggestions come to mind? Preferably doable as a day hike but not necessary. Oh yeah, I would probably like to keep it at 40ish degrees max.

Thanks!!
Read more : Sierra snow couloirs | Views : 10963 | Replies : 40

Ice Axe and radio found at Baldy trailhead

Was on Baldy last Wednesday and found an ice axe at the Manker Flats parking area.

I also found a small "talk about" radio on the trail.

Get in touch and describe the items and I'll get them back to ya.
Read more : Ice Axe and radio found at Baldy trailhead | Views : 689 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557888 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136291