It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

DWA illegally harrasing hikers at snow creek

Copy and pasted from mtsanjacinto.info

Origional thread can be found here:
http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic. ... 8604#18604

"This past Saturday, my buddy and I were gonna do an ascent of snow creek and avoid trespassing through DWA land. Instead we ended up driving home after the spectacle the DWA had put on around their land.
My buddy and I legally parked our vehicle in public land. As we parked a pickup pulled ...
Read more : DWA illegally harrasing hikers at snow creek | Views : 40409 | Replies : 169

Latest photos of Mineral King Area

I know you can read the charts for more accurate totals, yada yada... but I like to check in on these photos from time to time. Looks like the western slopes will be releasing plenty of H2O this spring and we just added a foot or two more!

http://mk-webcam.net/MK_photo_album.htm

Also a cool vid I never noticed.

http://mk-webcam.net/movie_trial-3a.htm
Read more : Latest photos of Mineral King Area | Views : 2828 | Replies : 9

Sheperd's Pass/ Mt Williamson Conditions

Does anyone have conditions for Sheperd's Pass or Mt Williamson. Even conditions for Mt Tyndall would help. I assume decent snow pack above 7,000 ft. I am going with one partner in late April to do the Long Twisting Rib 5.4 III. I would appreciate any snow condition beta I can get.
Thanks,
Ed
Read more : Sheperd's Pass/ Mt Williamson Conditions | Views : 1591 | Replies : 0

Palisades Skiing!

I'm crossposting this from Teletips, mainly 'cause I got some sweet pictures of folks out on the Palisade Glacier, Moraine, and at Gayley Camp early afternoon 4/8. And you don't know I got 'em. :wink: 'Cause I was hidden. But they look pretty cool, and I'd be glad to share.
Just back from 3 days in the South Fork of Big Pine Creek- that might be my ...
Read more : Palisades Skiing! | Views : 2589 | Replies : 4

Baden Powell Conditions

Anyone know what the conditions are like on the NE gully on BP?
Read more : Baden Powell Conditions | Views : 1060 | Replies : 3

Tioga Pass, Guess the Opening Date 2010

June 18.
Read more : Tioga Pass, Guess the Opening Date 2010 | Views : 11209 | Replies : 44

Ediza lake, Finger lake (near mid pal) in early-mid june?

Hello, new here:D
I am thinking of planning a backpacking trip to these areas at around early to mid june. I know we have a relatively big snow year.
Will the lakes be frozen? Will there be 100 percent snow cover at the elevation of the lakes?
I am thinking crampons might be a good idea but not necessarily ice axe.
What do you think?
Thanks
Read more : Ediza lake, Finger lake (near mid pal) in early-mid june? | Views : 5537 | Replies : 6

Eastside road conditions

Hey there, in need of some last minute info...

Anybody have recent info (IE: post-storm) on road conditions on the following roads:

Tom's Place/Rock Creek

South Lake

Glacier Lodge

Whitney Portal

and one more
(can't recall the name but leads to the entrance for Elderberry Canyon on Mt. Tom)

any and all info is GREATLY appreciated

Also,I am looking for a partner last minute if anybody is interested in some moderate rock, backcountry skiing, or ...
Read more : Eastside road conditions | Views : 8566 | Replies : 37

San Diego County Peak List Available

For all of you in San Diego county and southern California I created a page detailing the Sierra Clubs peak list. The will be much more information in the future added to this page. Feel free to add anything you wish as well.

http://www.summitpost.org/custom-object/611044/San-Diego-County-Sierra-Club-Peak-List-SDC-.html
Read more : San Diego County Peak List Available | Views : 976 | Replies : 0

Tyndall and Williamson summer closure questions

It's been a long time since i've been on-forum, but i'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction anyway. Different things i'm reading are telling me different and confusing things about where on Tyndall and Williamson one is allowed to be after July 1st. Can anyone clear this up, or at least point me towards the right office to call? (I'm a bit slow to call forest rangers, as i invariably get ...
Read more : Tyndall and Williamson summer closure questions | Views : 2057 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136367