It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:16 pm

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Moon Goddess Arete in Winter

Miguel Carmona and I climbed the Moon Goddess Arete on March 19,2010. We had very cold conditions and a strong wind all day and night. We roped 21 pitches as the innitial ridge to the 1st tower was snowed in and we had to belay it. We took 26 hours RT to climb and descent the route to our tent at Third Lake. Please see the "What's New" and New Trip Reports section of the ...
Read more : Moon Goddess Arete in Winter | Views : 1951 | Replies : 9

2010 Sierra Challenge - Aug 6-15

If you missed the previous Challenges and had to be content with reading the daily logs on SP, now's your chance. In fact, it may be your last chance since this is the 10th and likely final Sierra Challenge I'll be organizing.

The all-new 2010 Sierra Challenge gives you ten days in August to challenge your stamina and your sanity amidst the beauty that is the Sierra Nevada. Leave your heavy backpacks and marginal camp ...
Read more : 2010 Sierra Challenge - Aug 6-15 | Views : 59946 | Replies : 110

Road to Vincent Gap open?

I assume it is but don't trust Caltrans. Does anyone know for sure?
Read more : Road to Vincent Gap open? | Views : 1765 | Replies : 4

need recent skiing-conditions photos for SHASTA + Mt TOM

mount shasta (south-side) and mt tom (elderberry canyon). planning a couple of ski trips within the week.... much appreciated!
Read more : need recent skiing-conditions photos for SHASTA + Mt TOM | Views : 2264 | Replies : 4

Flowers in Ventana Wilderness

I was thinking of heading down to the St. Lucia's within the next month or so. Any idea as to when and if the flowers (particularly in the burn areas) will be peaking? I'll probably head down to Junipero Serra/Memorial Park area.
Read more : Flowers in Ventana Wilderness | Views : 1123 | Replies : 2

Snow pack at the top of the tram?

Just wondering if there is still plenty of snow up there? I was thinking about making a continuous descent of the East slopes of San J.
Read more : Snow pack at the top of the tram? | Views : 791 | Replies : 1

California National Forest Campfire Permit online

The California Campfire Permit has been a piece of paperwork that somewhat mystified me. Free but you'd need to visit a ranger station or fax them to get one.

Now you can obtain one by taking the "test" here:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/passesp ... index.html

At the bottom of the page is this link to the permit:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/passesp ... it2010.pdf

As far as I can tell, ...
Read more : California National Forest Campfire Permit online | Views : 26376 | Replies : 17

Onion Valley Road Conditions

Anyone have info?
Read more : Onion Valley Road Conditions | Views : 4998 | Replies : 6

Shasta Climb April

I am looking to climb next weekend if any one has any beta on Casaval Ridge or Green Butte route it would be greatly appreciated. I have been keeping up with the weather reports and advisories from the MT. Shasta Avalanche center. If anyone has been up either route recently or has any beta for a different route i am open for suggestions. We have allotted 2-3 days for the climb.
Read more : Shasta Climb April | Views : 2489 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136395