It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:22 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Kearsarge Pass to Whitney

Has anybody been up there recently? Hopefully headed there in three weeks, conditions?
Read more : Kearsarge Pass to Whitney | Views : 2797 | Replies : 4

Centennial to Milestone Traverse?

I’ve read that the first ascent of Milestone Mountain was to ascend to the Southwest Ridge from Milestone Bowl, but I can’t find anything on doing the entire traverse from Centennial Peak. Has anybody done it? Does anybody even have an opinion on how difficult, time-consuming, or unpleasant it might be? We’ll be in the area this August, and I want to know whether we should even consider this traverse. Thanks!
Read more : Centennial to Milestone Traverse? | Views : 2792 | Replies : 5

Current Mt Whitney conditions on main trail

Hello all

My buddy and I are headed up Mt Whitney tomorrow via the Standard Trail, camping at Trail Camp, and summiting via Trail Crest. Anyone with beta on recent trail conditions? Thanks a bunch! David
Read more : Current Mt Whitney conditions on main trail | Views : 2721 | Replies : 2

Urgent ... Missing Palmdale climber ...Angeles National

(Double post from News. Seems Urgent.)

https://abc7.com/authorities-searching-for-45-year-old-missing-palmdale-hiker/10512706/

"Rene Compean sent a photo to a friend before becoming lost and search teams hope avid hikers can identify the location.

Photo may be clue in search for Palmdale hiker who went missing in Angeles National Forest
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 4:29PM

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has asked hikers with experience in the Mount Waterman area of the San Gabriel Mountains to help locate a ...
Read more : Urgent ... Missing Palmdale climber ...Angeles National | Views : 1591 | Replies : 1

Silver Divide

I am planning a trip in early August to the Big Margaret Lake area. Has anyone gone over the saddle SE of Sharktooth Peak, say from Sedge Lake to Sand Lake. The south side is easy class 2, but I'm wondering about the headwall on the north side. Any info would be appreciated.
Read more : Silver Divide | Views : 1733 | Replies : 0

Toro Peak

Do you want to climb Toro Peak but don't want to trespass? Toro Peak can be climbed legally with a permit. Call 951 659-2700, ex. 102 for more information.
Contact- Vanessa Minott, Tribal Administrator, Santa Rosa Band of Cahuilla Indians.
Or, visit their facebook page and go to the "contact us/messenger" function to start the permit application process.
A one day hiking permit is $40.00, a multiple day permit is $40.00 per day (on reservation ...
Read more : Toro Peak | Views : 3712 | Replies : 4

Mountaineers route versus Whitney trail

Question, we will be backpacking from the north on The JMT then west up to Whitney. I'll have 3 people with me that are much more the backpacker and casual climber. When headed down to The Whitney Portal, I'd like to save 6 miles and decend on The Mountaineers route. Thoughts on the two routes?
Read more : Mountaineers route versus Whitney trail | Views : 10045 | Replies : 11

Petition To Change Back To Pre-Covid Walk-in Permit System

Please sign, the more signatures we get, the better chance we have to get these agencies to consider our request! Thank you!

http://chng.it/NcyLzS2yGS
Read more : Petition To Change Back To Pre-Covid Walk-in Permit System | Views : 3717 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369