It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Diamond Peak via Baxter Pass

Has anybody here climbed Diamond peak via Baxter Pass?
Would you recommend it to someone with very little climbing experience?
Read more : Diamond Peak via Baxter Pass | Views : 2723 | Replies : 2

Mallory? Irvine? Le Conte? Help me plan a 1 day trip.

Hello,

I only have the weekend to do a birthday trip with my husband. Lone Pine is closest so I was thinking of a traverse of Mallory and Irvine or Le Conte and ? That range looks like it has epic summit views. Distance looks like 18 miles? Which is pretty big for one day. I have overnight permits but my husband is better on a one day push. Lone Pine Peak is shorter but ...
Read more : Mallory? Irvine? Le Conte? Help me plan a 1 day trip. | Views : 2754 | Replies : 3

Sierra Nevada snow conditions July 2020

Curious if a climber has gone up Treasure Col to summit Mt Gilbert recently? Are ice axe and crampons necessary in this below average snow year? Thanks, Scott
Read more : Sierra Nevada snow conditions July 2020 | Views : 1959 | Replies : 2

Found older iPhone on Mt. Aggasiz

It’s white in a little phone wallet.7 or older Seems really small and light. Fell down in between two rocks and I hadn’t seen anyone on the summit or all day for that matter so I threw it in my bag. Hoping it finds its way back home.

Bishop pass side approach.
Read more : Found older iPhone on Mt. Aggasiz | Views : 1617 | Replies : 1

Earthquake near Lone Pine, CA

I just learned there was a magnitude 5.8 earthquake 12 miles from Lone Pine, CA.
Read more : Earthquake near Lone Pine, CA | Views : 2141 | Replies : 2

Fatality on Mt Humphreys in the Sierras

https://www.facebook.com/InyoCountySheriffsOffice -- Fatality on Mt Humphreys in the Sierra Nevada
Mount Humphreys (above Bishop), CA. 06-11-2020 - On 06-09-2020, an experienced local Bishop climber and skier set out to ascend the North Couloir on Mount Humphreys, one of the prominent peaks in the Sierra Nevada and the highest peak in the Bishop area. He has summited the mountain several times by multiple routes. His route this time consisted of climbing ...
Read more : Fatality on Mt Humphreys in the Sierras | Views : 2699 | Replies : 0

Helicopter Rescue in Onion Valley (Eastern Sierra)

https://snowbrains.com/avalanche-easter ... er-rescue/ -- Skiers caught and injured by avalanche in the Eastern Sierra, CA (Onion Valley) require helicopter rescue
Read more : Helicopter Rescue in Onion Valley (Eastern Sierra) | Views : 2312 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293